This position will provide HR consultation to support the company strategy by aligning people with business objectives for a business unit(s).
The HR Manager will partner both internally and externally to drive programs as they relate to human capital.
Responsibilities include all functional areas of HR such as performance management, succession planning, compensation, recognition, employee and union relations, compliance, diversity and talent acquisition.
Other duties as assigned.
- Serve as internal business consultant and play a key role in the leadership team regarding human capital management.
- Partner with HR colleagues and business unit leadership on the talent review and succession planning processes including identification of high potentials and development opportunities.
- Work with business unit(s) on strategic workforce design and collaborate with Talent Acquisition.
Assist with the strategies for recruiting, staffing and sales training program to meet headcount models and goals.
- Conduct investigations related to employee relations, terminations, EEOC, harassment, etc and recommend resolutions.
- Facilitate the performance review cycle, ensuring that the process is understood.
Monitor progress throughout the cycle.
- Partner to facilitate compensation decisions, offers and employment packages.
- Leadership role in change and culture management initiatives that result from acquisition or divestiture, employee engagement survey or other change initiatives.
- Utilize HR metrics to make effective HR related decisions.
Use metrics to understand trends and make recommendations to business leaders.
- Advise and assist business unit managers to ensure consistent application and compliance with HR programs, policies and procedures.
- In union covered business units, ensure compliance with statutory requirements, negotiate and interpret collective bargaining agreements and manage arbitrations.
- Conduct training on performance management, HR procedures, staffing, orientation, new manager, leader assimilations and other human capital programs.
- Support diversity initiatives.
Summary of Experience
Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive HR generalist experience.
Multi-unit/state experience a must.
A solid operational knowledge of functional areas of HR including performance management, succession planning, compensation, recognition, employee relations, compliance and talent acquisition.
Proficient in MS Office – Excel, Word, Powerpoint
Minimum of 2 years experience with an HRIS system
Experience with mergers, acquisitions and unions preferred
Bachelors’ Degree required, Masters’ Degree preferred
PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, vacation, 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance, long term care and more.
WESCO values diversity and is an EOE/AA employer.
Wesco International - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard