The Human Resources Manager plans, organizes and manages the hospital's Human Resources Department in such a manner as to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all employees and compliance with all hospital policies and legal aspects of employee/ employer relationships. The Human Resources Manager helps create an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by measuring, assessing and continuously improving of the department's performance and effectiveness.
• Oversee the day to day operations of any combination of the following HR functions: compensation, benefits, HRIS, employment, employee relations, organizational development, records retention, and regulatory compliance
• Recommend and implement system wide human resources policies and procedures
• Coordinate the implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff in support of the hospital's business processes and strategic goals
• Provide proactive Human Resources coaching and consulting services to management and non-management personnel for employee relations issues
• Ensure the consistent and fair application of personnel policies, practices and guidelines and develop department specific practices/guidelines where appropriate.
• Monitor and review compensation scales, exceptions and act as a business partner in evaluating compensation requests
• Monitor Human Resources reporting and analyze data to assess trends and take action to address patterns
• Support department directors and managers in identifying candidates and filling vacant positions with the most qualified candidates in a timely and effective manner
• Actively supports employee development through assessing organizational and employee needs; sourcing or developing training programs; promoting educational assistance programs; and providing other tools necessary for employees to contribute and develop
• Coordinate and monitor employee wellness programs to promote employee participation and the accuracy of the data used to track compliance
• Serves as GHS representative in all matters related to unemployment hearings and challenging EEOC claims
• Participates in community and public relations campaigns to increase brand recognition and awareness of GHS services
• Lead all employee recognition and retention activities
BA or BS degree in Human Resources, Personnel Administration, Hospital Administration, Business Administration or related field required. Minimum of four to five years of Human Resources Management experience, preferably in healthcare. PHR/ SPHR, preferred. Proficiency with Windows, MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint and database software. Knowledge of Kronos, Meditech, and electronic applicant tracking systems are a plus.??
Administrative Director of Human Resources and Communications
Granville Health System
- 2 years ago - save job