A company of diverse businesses committed to enhance the quality of life for people with disabilities and others who have barriers to employment.
We hold the view that work is inherently dignified and fulfilling, and that individuals with barriers to employment deserve the opportunity to work and to achieve their fullest potential. We are committed to providing training, work and supportive services for those with obstacles to employment, and to providing counseling and clinical services for those seeking to improve the overall quality of their lives.
Title: Human Resources Manager
Reports to: VP of Human Resources
Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the Human Resources Department. Provides leadership and guidance as it relates to human resources and participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems that will serve to benefit the organization as a whole.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Demonstrates strong facilitation skills in investigating, analyzing, and solving a myriad of complex employee relation issues.
- Provides guidance to managers and supervisors on a wide variety of employee relation’s issues.
- Provides advice and counsel to managers and supervisors regarding personnel practices, and company policy.
- Conducts exit interviews and provides management feedback regarding culture and employee relations issues.
- Oversees all recruiting efforts and works closely with the Management team to assist with hiring including screening candidates such as but not limited to employees, student interns, and temporary employees. Conducts new-employee orientations.
- Manages the Workers Compensation program, tracking and analyzing workplace injuries/illness and return to work program.
- Manages unemployment insurance program and works directly with managers and supervisors to ensure appropriate and accurate documentation is maintained for all personnel issues.
- Implements and annually updates compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures.
- Oversees benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost effectiveness.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 and Vets-100 annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and insures compliance.
- Recommends, evaluates, and participates in Staff Development.
- Supervises the staff of the Human Resources Department.
- Communicates regularly with VP of HR regarding Corporate Issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the VP of HR.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Management or similar degree field;
- Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources experience, with a focus on Employee Relations preferred;
- A significant combination of education and experience;
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration, effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to prepare written reports and correspondences;
- Applicable knowledge of applicable state and federal employment laws, labor laws, governmental compliance requirements, and immigration laws;
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally;
- PHR certification preferred;
- Proficiency with operating multiple computer programs such as word processing, spreadsheet and email.
An EEO Employer
Check us out @ www.htcorp.net
Indeed - 2 years ago