Position Title: Human Resources Manager
Position Reports To: Vice President Human Resources
Position Summary: T he Human Resources Manager provides broad Human Resources support to all MLB Network departments with emphasis on employee relations, performance management, employee training & development, succession planning, employee engagement, and other such Human Resources functions.
It is expected that the Human Resources Manager will maintain and increase
- Day-to-day human resources support to all employees and departments, with emphasis on employee relations, performance management, employee training & development, succession planning, employee engagement, and other such Human Resources functions that support the larger business goals of the MLB Network.
- Investigate employee relations matters to achieve prompt, effective resolutions. Ensure the creation and filing of proper documentation of such matters.
- Provide managers and supervisors with effective guidance and coaching on the proper methods to maximize employees’ performance.
- Guide managers during the annual employee performance review process to help ensure that reviews accurately and completely reflect employee strengths and developmental areas for the time period in scope.
- Develop, execute and track performance improvement plans designed to correct employees’ performance deficiencies.
- Assist in the identification of employee/departmental skill gaps. Assist in the creation of targeted training programs that address skill gaps. Organize and deliver group and/or individual training.
- Assist in the creation of the Company’s succession plan process and in the development of individual departmental succession plans.
- Develop effective working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Assist in the development and delivery of activities designed to help ensure positive labor relations.
- Assisting employees with all HR-related questions and escalate and/or filter them when appropriate.
- Understand the relationship between the core UltiPro HRIS system and how it links to supplemental systems/processes (i.e., payroll, time & attendance, benefits, etc.).
- Other such duties as may be required from time to time (e.g., assist as needed with other HR matters such as benefits, recruitment, open enrollment, compensation issues).
knowledge in all areas of Human Resources as well as the business on an ongoing basis.
Skills & Experience :
The ideal candidate must have most if not all of the following skills and experiences:
Education: Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5+ years of Human Resources experience is required. Must have a minimum of 1-3 years of Manager-level HR experience.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems and Internet-based programs strongly preferred, specifically UltiPro and Taleo.
- Individual must work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement policies, process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The ability to effectively take on leadership roles in various HR-related functions is required.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately deal with confidential and highly sensitive information.
- Ability to interface appropriately with all levels of employees and management.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and work well as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and time management skills are required.
- A focus on customer satisfaction.
- Must be willing and able to work on-site in our Secaucus, N.J. facility.
- Demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in the pressurized environment of live television.
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including occasional nights and weekends if necessary, as we are a 24/7 facility.
- Television industry experience preferred.
Major League Baseball - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
It may be the national pastime, but Major League Baseball (MLB) is also a big business. MLB oversees the game of professional baseball in...