Coordinate and direct the Employee Relations and Benefits programs and functions, including but not limited to: develop, interpret, and recommend program goals and objectives, policies, procedures, and courses of action.
• Formulate and recommend program goals and objectives in all areas of employee relations.
• Develop, implement, and administer, through a variety of techniques, the employee relations area of the personnel programs.
• Assure that the company is in compliance with employment-related regulations, laws and legal obligations.
• Manage the benefit administration programs through plan design and strategy, vendor management, enrollment process, cost containment, budgeting, compliance, audit, reporting, communication, and training.
• Engage in developing and delivering people management training to educate new managers and provide continuing education to management at all levels in the organization.
• Support people managers to provide coaching on effective conflict resolution, preparation of corrective action documents and to effectively recommend promotions, terminations, disciplinary, and commendatory actions.
• Create and maintain dashboards, reports, and ad hoc reporting to support HR and company initiatives.
• Lead the investigative process for employee complaints by conducting fact-finding interviews, analyzing data and presenting final decisions and action plans.
• Plan, coordinate, and direct the work of subordinate staff engaged in various professional, technical, and clerical functions.
• Research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations, and plans of actions.
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
• Adhere to Midcontinent Communications privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
• Maintain regular attendance and to arrive to work on time as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Communicate with other departments to handle any escalating issues in a timely manner.
• Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
• Support the mission, vision, and values of Midcontinent Communications.
• Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
• Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
• Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
• Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
• Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
• All employees are required to actively follow Midcontinent policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Human Resources Management or related field required.
• Minimum of five years of experience in the Human Resource Management required.
• Three years supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of related training and experience required.
• SHRM Certified Professional (PHR) or Senior Professional (SPHR), or Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) preferred.
Midcontinent Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Midcontinent Communications will not discriminate against applicants because of: race, color, creed, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, members or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
Do you want to be a part of something big? You’ve heard this before – “We’re Midcontinent … Part of Our...