Coordinate and direct the Employee Relations and Benefits programs and functions, including but not limited to: develop, interpret, and recommend program goals and objectives, policies, procedures, and courses of action.
• Formulate and recommend program goals and objectives in all areas of employee relations.
• Develop, implement, and administer, through a variety of techniques, the employee relations area of the personnel programs.
• Assure that the company is in compliance with employment-related regulations, laws and legal obligations.
• Manage the benefit administration programs through plan design and strategy, vendor management, enrollment process, cost containment, budgeting, compliance, audit, reporting, communication, and training.
• Engage in developing and delivering people management training to educate new managers and provide continuing education to management at all levels in the organization.
• Support people managers to provide coaching on effective conflict resolution, preparation of corrective action documents and to effectively recommend promotions, terminations, disciplinary, and commendatory actions.
• Create and maintain dashboards, reports, and ad hoc reporting to support HR and company initiatives.
• Lead the investigative process for employee complaints by conducting fact-finding interviews, analyzing data and presenting final decisions and action plans.
• Plan, coordinate, and direct the work of subordinate staff engaged in various professional, technical, and clerical functions.
• Research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations, and plans of actions.
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
• Adhere to Midcontinent Communications privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
• Maintain regular attendance and to arrive to work on time as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Communicate with other departments to handle any escalating issues in a timely manner.
• Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
• Support the mission, vision, and values of Midcontinent Communications.
• Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
• Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
• Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
• Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
• Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
• All employees are required to actively follow Midcontinent policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Human Resources Management or related field required.
• Minimum of five years of experience in the Human Resource Management required.
• Three years supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of related training and experience required.
• SHRM Certified Professional (PHR) or Senior Professional (SPHR), or Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) preferred.
Midcontinent Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Midcontinent Communications will not discriminate against applicants because of: race, color, creed, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, members or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
Your future is bright at Midco, the leading provider of Internet, cable TV, phone, home automation and advertising services in the Upper...