Under minimal supervision, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for administering, supporting and fostering several HR functions which may include employment, recruiting, benefits, compensation, compliance programs, employee relations, orientation and leadership training, and development in a fast-paced environment. Supports and fosters the goals and culture of the company while contributing to overall business success.
Investigates disputes and/or complaints and recommends corrective action in accordance with company policies
Delivers excellent internal and external customer satisfaction by demonstrating exemplary leadership and coaching to leaders
Provides interpretation and counsel regarding policies, programs and practices
Consults with management on all matters of employee relations while possessing advanced skills to deal with minor to complex issues
Plans, organizes and assists in supervising departmental activities. Recommends change as necessary.
Assists in evaluation of Employee Opinion Survey and makes recommendations for improvement. Responsible for incremental improvement and coaching leaders
Evaluates changing demographics, legal and technical progress in the field and develops and or implement new programs accordingly.
Stays current on company philosophy, culture, compensation, benefits and employee relations programs and strongly fosters these programs
Establishes and maintains departmental records and reports
Design and develop leadership training courses and deliver various training modules
Researches, prepares, distributes, and/or delivers HR communication materials/announcements
May personally participate or supervise new employee orientation programs
Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliation to stay abreast of current laws and trends in the field of Human Resources
Works independently on special projects
Performs Ad hoc analyzes that are moderate to complex in nature
Participates in company meetings as required. May attend and serve on professional/civic/service organizations as a company representative.
Ability to travel/work overnight in designated region up to 25 % routinely.
Performs other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Ability to communicate in person and by telephone
• Ability to drive company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
• BS/BA in Human Resources or related field – PHR/SPHR strongly preferred
• Expertise in Employee Relations and in one or more professional specialties such as recruitment, safety, benefits/compensation or EEO/compliance
• Expertise in delivering leadership development classes
• Knowledge of Federal, State and Local regulations in TX, NM.
• Self-starter with high energy, ability to work independently and with others
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and knowledge of PeopleSoft including expertise in Excel report management
• Demonstrated knowledge of HR and management principals
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• Ability to interact with diverse employee populations
• Ability to speak and hear detailed information and instruction
• Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
• Ability to travel 25% routinely
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
• 5-8 years Human Resources experience in all functional HR areas
• 2 Years Teaching and Coaching leaders in a professional setting
Suddenlink - 11 months ago
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...