Pioneering Therapies, Transforming Lives . What does it mean to be part of the Thoratec Team? It means working in a fast-paced environment that inspires you. It means collaborating on projects that literally save patients' lives. We have an incredible opportunity for a Human Resource Manager to work with our innovative Human Resources team in Burlington, MA.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the planning, development, implementation and administration the HR function for the Massachusetts and Florida offices, as well as Americas and APAC field organizations. Regularly advises on policy and program matters and works towards appropriate decisions across all multiple corporate groups. Will exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies driving towards effective outcomes and solutions, be self directed and work under minimal supervision, and provide leadership to assigned staff.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide direction, coaching and counseling to managers and employees on HR related issues such as training and development, performance management and development (PMD), succession planning, employee relations, staffing, compensation, benefits, and general HR daily processes in support and alignment with the Corporate and HR Strategic Initiatives.
- Lead or participate in HR Vital Few projects - collaboration with HR team across all locations.
- Support business goals by developing effective position and organizational structures and action plans that maximize current employee skills/contributions while providing a challenging, rewarding and productive work environment.
- Work and communicate effectively with other departments, subordinates, and outside customers to accomplish the goals and objectives of the overall business and the HR department. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others.
- For business units supported, partner with Corporate HR Centers of Expertise (COE) to support overall Staffing, Compensation, Benefits and HRIS related programs
- Keep informed of all federal, state and local laws and regulations and ensure all HR policies and practices are in compliance with specific legal requirements related to general employment and management practices, policies, benefits, recruitment and staffing, and labor relations.
- Work with confidential material and assignments that are sensitive in nature with high level contacts inside and outside the company.
- Conduct employee training programs as required.
- Insure accurate databases and complete files are in place for employment, compensation, recruiting, employee relations, and projects.
- Bachelors degree with a minimum of 10 years experience in Human Resources, five of those at a managerial level.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, excellent project management, organizational and administrative skills required.
- Ability to function well in both leadership and team member roles within a fast paced business environment.
- Experience managing staff and processes.
- HR experience related to supporting technical and field sales organizations
- Experience working with multiple locations including international environments
- Experienced in coaching, counseling, facilitating, and training multiple levels of a exempt and non-exempt staff
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point required. Microsoft project strongly preferred.
Why work for us?
For more than 30 years, Thoratec has been committed to developing advanced medical technologies to improve patient survival and quality of life. Thoratec provides the broadest mechanical circulatory support portfolio to treat the full range of clinical needs. From acute to chronic heart failure, Thoratec offers proven device-based therapies to provide a new beginning for patients and their families. We value people who are passionate about collaboration, creativity, and quality. We give back to our community and help people live healthy lifestyles through support, education, involvement, and participation.
Thoratec employs more than
700 people worldwide. We are based in Pleasanton, California, with facilities in Burlington and Waltham, Massachusetts; Sunnyvale and Rancho Cordova, California; Cambridgeshire, UK; and Zurich, Switzerland.
Thoratec Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thoratec Corporation - 17 months ago
Thoratec Corporation (Thoratec) is a manufacturer of mechanical circulatory support products for use by patients with heart failure (HF)....