Weyerhaeuser Company is a leading Forest Products Company based in Federal Way, Washington recognized for its performance in safety, ethics and sustainability. At Weyerhaeuser, our most valued resources aren|
't just the trees and timberlands we oversee. Our employees are the real reason we've been in business for over 100 years. Their skill and ingenuity have made Weyerhaeuser one of the premier softwood lumber manufacturers in the world.
This position is part of the Gulf South Softwood Lumber Business. Site locations are in Bruce, MS and Millport, AL. Successful candidates will need to be located within reasonable access to both sites.
This role is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the Human Resources activities for the Bruce, Mississippi and Millport, Alabama lumber mills. The position is a member of the Mill Leadership Teams at both sites and reports to the Southern Lumber Regional Human Resources Manager.
As a strategic business partner, major responsibilities include providing direct support and consultation to the Bruce and Millport non-union facilities regarding: talent management, recruitment and selection of hourly and salaried positions, employee relations, performance management, safety, education, training, work systems, change management, compensation, diversity and compliance requirements.
- 5+ year’s human resources manager or equivalent experience in human resources related function.
- Manufacturing and/or industrial human resources management experience.
- Experience leading organizational changes.
- Excellent critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships.
- Ability to influence people at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in issue resolution and employee relations.
- Experience in growing and developing people.
- Strong sourcing, recruiting and staffing capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter, manage multiple priorities, see the big picture and manage details.
- Understanding of federal and state employment laws.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in union labor relations preferred
's degree or equivalent with senior/advanced professional certification preferred.
Up to 30% travel.
Weyerhaeuser is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce
Weyerhaeuser - 20 months ago
If a tree falls in a Weyerhaeuser forest, someone is there to hear it -- and he has a chainsaw. The forest products company produces a...