Job Description: Human Resources Manager
Reports To: Senior Director of Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Date: April 1, 2013
Maintains and enhances the organization's human resources function by planning, implementing, and evaluating human resources policies, programs, systems and practices.
- Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Assist in designing, implementing and maintaining the Company’s HR policies and procedures
- Working closely with others on the HR team, assist in implementing and maintaining the Company’s HR systems including Taleo, Paychex, to ensure requirements are met for scaleability, user interface, and data integrity. Using strong systems and technical skills, trouble shoot the systems when required as issues arise.
- Participate in the recruiting process, working to rapidly fill positions with high-caliber individuals as per approved headcount budget
- Acting as a business partner, provide counsel regarding human resource and employee issues to all levels of management and other employees
- Work closely with HR team on compensation management and analysis to ensure the company is internally equitable and externally competitive in its compensation decisions
- Ensure ongoing and compliance with applicable regulatory bodies including federal, state and ISO/FDA regulations
- Assist in the organization and administration of corporate programs and events
- Foster a culture of harmony and enthusiasm (employee relations and retention)
- Assist in employee dispute resolution, with key attention to legal and ethical considerations, with a goal of maintaining positive employee morale and allegiance to the company
- Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA’s Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which ZELTIQ sells.
- This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent experience. MBA is preferred.
- Requires 8-10 years experience working in a Human Resources generalist position in a mid-size company environment. Requires 1-2 years at the Human Resources Manager level.
- Experience with international employment matters is a plus.
- Must have solid recruiting experience.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of HR system implementation and maintenance, with the ability to trouble shoot and make modifications to systems as necessary
- Must have excellent PC skills, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook. Must have strong database/HRIS skills to support the Company’s Saas-based HR applications, including data extraction, reporting and troubleshooting. Previous experience implementing/maintaining these systems is required. Experience migrating from one system to another is a plus.
- Must have strong analytical skills and the ability to analyze HR-related statistics to drive data-based discussions and decisions related to recruiting, performance management, compensation, headcount and turnover
- Solid understanding of Federal and California State labor laws. Knowledge of SEC required filings is a plus.
- Ability to manage day-to-day assignments effectively in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong team-work, communication and organizational skills and the ability to communicate within all levels of the company
- Evidence of leadership and a management style characterized by teamwork, preparation, organization, communication and negotiation. Successful management of relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Organized, detail oriented, and responsible.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all levels of employees.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to lift and carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 10 pounds. Most work is carried out in an office environment. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
Zeltiq - 17 months ago