McLane is a $44 billion dollar supply chain services leader, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores, and chain restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery, McLane Foodservice and recent foodservice acquisition, Meadowbrook Meat company, Inc., (MBM), operates 80 distribution centers and one of the nation's largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 90,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcohol beverage distribution via McLane Beverage Distribution, Inc., and its acquisitions of Empire Distributors, Inc., Horizon Wine & Spirits and Delta Wine & Spirits. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK) and employs 20,000 teammates globally. For more information, please visit www.mclaneco.com .
Human Resource Job Description
Bachelors Degree is required.
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position serves as a strategic partner to division leadership. This position provides leadership and HR consultant services to division leadership. The HR Manager provides and manages human resource services, programs and policies that attract, retain, train and develop qualified teammates for the successful operation of the division and to meet the future needs of the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Ensure compliance with all company and government regulatory standards in the areas of compensation, benefits, labor, affirmative action, employment law, diversity and all other Human Resource governance.
* Provide advice, interpretation, and counsel to management within the areas of policy, programs, and practice.
* Conduct investigations and make sound fact based decisions.
* Work in partnership with division leadership in determining required people resources, training needs, identification of leadership talent, and succession planning.
* Work in conjunction with division leadership to create a company culture that emphasizes teammate and customer service, continuous improvement and high performance.
* Educate leadership in maintaining positive and union-free teammate relations through planned programs for teammate communication and leadership training.
* Act as coach and confidant to all teammates.
* Balance the role of company representative with that of teammate advocate.
* Establish network of local business leaders, civic leaders and elected officials to promote community relations.
* Plan and direct recruiting, staffing programs to attract and retain qualified teammates.
* Support and maintain the Open-Door process.
* Support McLane Company Beliefs and Values.
* Implement and administer teammate benefits programs; heighten teammate awareness of such programs.
* Plan, supervise and conduct training programs to improve teammate job knowledge and productivity.
* Direct day-to-day salary administration and salary planning within company guidelines to ensure internal fairness in pay and to reward teammates for their performance.
* Administer compensation policy to ensure fair and consistent treatment of teammates.
* Direct safety and worker's compensation programs within legislative guidelines to reduce on the job injuries and reduce expenses once an injury occurs.
* Assist with budgeting process regarding training expenses, safety costs, teammate benefits, and other planned teammate related activities.
* Administer the annual merit and review process for both exempt and non-exempt groups.
* Train and develop staff to realize their potential, utilize their abilities and provide future talent to meet the needs of the organization.
* Ensure the environment of teaching, coaching and development.
* Actively participate in Safety Committee meetings, providing leadership and guidance.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Have a bachelor degree ; emphasis in Human Resources preferred.
* Have 5+ years of HR experience.
* Have knowledge of MS Office software; experience with Peoplesoft preferred.
* Be able to troubleshoot problems.
* Be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, vendors, and teammates.
* Be able to enforce policies and procedures.
* Be able to work independently.
* Be able to positively handle conflict.
* Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Understand financial statements and resulting cost implications. Possess ability to identify financial issues and provide cost effective solutions to such issues.
* Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Be able to interpret an extensive variety of instructions with several abstract and concrete variables.
* Have strong analytical skills with proven ability to work within the framework of the team.
* Possess demonstrated knowledge of distribution systems, market, and competition preferred.
* Office environment.
You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale...