Kern Community College District
Human Resources Operations Manager
Under the direction of the Vice Chancellor, Human Resources, the Human Resources Operations Manager is responsible for the effective management and consistent implementation of the District’s Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and systems for Payroll dispersal. The Operations Manager supports the Vice Chancellor in the implementation of business procedures and management systems that support the Human Resources and Payroll services.
The Kern Community College District provides a maximum contribution to an excellent health and welfare benefits plan. Vacation, sick leave, holidays, income protection and retirement included.
Knowledge and Abilities
Example of Duties:
1. Plan, organize, and direct the operations and activities related to the Human Resources Information Systems’ functions on a District-wide level.
2. Provide leadership in coordinating the activities of the District Human Resources office with each individual College to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, KCCD policies, and collective bargaining agreements, making sure that all the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) are set up accordingly.
3. Provide support and work closely with the Vice Chancellor in developing, implementing, and evaluating ongoing HR/Payroll programs, functions, and activities.
4. Provide support and work closely with the Vice Chancellor in directing the contracting and administration of employee health and welfare benefit programs.
5. Provide consistent interpretation/application of HR policies and procedures across the District for implementation of the HRIS.
6. Provide oversight and guidance to the College Human Resources Managers, administration, and staff on all human resources automated systems related to
recruitment, classification, compensation, employee relations, communication, and employee development to ensure consistency with applicable laws and KCCD HR policies and practices.
7. Provide accurate and consistent application of Title 5 and Education Code HR and Payroll requirements across the District.
8. Evaluate and assess Human Resources Information System (HRIS) needs and balance the costs and benefits utilizing internal support and outsourcing. Select and recommend vendors to fulfill these needs.
9. Design, implement, and manage KCCD Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
10. Identify optimal solutions that meet the needs of the Human Resources function by recommending process improvements, system enhancements, and alternatives based on specific needs as defined by current versus future HR practices.
11. Audit system capabilities for accuracy, integrity, and functionality by performing System Testing; monitoring and documenting test results; analyzing test results and documenting system discrepancies; ensure adherence to HR and Payroll laws and District HR policies and practices.
12. Provide leadership and oversees employee information collection, analysis and reporting; supervise the input of data and ensure data integrity.
13. Provide leadership, training and assistance to Campus HR Managers in preparing the annual Labor budgets for loading into the Districts’ HRIS.
14. Prepare the District Office’s labor budget to upload into the District’s HRIS.
15. Provide leadership and oversees employee information collection, analysis and reporting; supervise the input of data and ensure data integrity.
• Working knowledge of HRIS system development and administration, systems
• analysis and research methods, and human resources functions and processes.
• Federal and State laws and regulation governing employee payroll; principles of
• supervision and training; and the principles of data processing.
• Identify and lead projects related to the design, management, enhancement, and
• implementation of HRIS.
• Interpret and incorporate District HR policies, procedures, practices into HRIS.
• Translate HR requirements and write specification to communicate needs to information technology personnel.
• Analyze system capability and data integrity.
• Create customized and accurate reports and data analysis.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in human resources, computer information science, business or related field and two years related experience in Human Resources Information Systems or Payroll Information Systems Management;
• OR 6 years of management experience in Human Resources Information Systems management or Payroll Information Systems management.
• Three years of experiences in administering Human Resources and/or Payroll
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic,
• socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college
• students and employees.
Position Number: 01000
Posting Date: 04/22/2014
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Management
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $65,107.52 annual
Maximum Salary: $92,999.10 annual
College/Site: District Office
Location: DO-KCCD Bakersfield Downtown
Salary Grade: G
Special Instructions to Applicants
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on Tuesday, May 6, 2014 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
• Completed Online Application for Employment form
• Current resume
• Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
• Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
• List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
To apply, visit http://careers.kccd.edu/postings/4358
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
BlacksinHigherEd.com - 30+ days ago