This position is responsible for making sure the functions of the Human Resource team are properly received and conducted in a timely manner; ensuring that everything is filed properly and with complete accuracy.
A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Maintain and coordinate the recruitment process along with background checks and drug testing.
- Conduct new hire orientation.
- Maintain the payroll and other HR paperwork, such as employee files; I-9 Forms and supporting documentation, FMLA or other leave requests, work comp claims, OSHA log, unemployment insurance, as well as monitoring the payroll calculation and administration.
- Ensure payroll hours are recorded correctly and teammates are paid correctly. Also ensure payroll is completed on time and the corporate office receives the transmission on time.
- Heads the benefits administration and teammate events.
- Ensure the OSHA log, drug log and I-9 notebooks are updated as required.
- Work very closely with HR Manager to identify department goals and to ensure that these goals are successfully met. Also works closely with HR Manager to identify potential “open door” issues and opportunities to serve as the Teammate Advocate to ensure positive teammate relations.
- Have 2 years similar experience.
- Have a High School diploma.
- Have knowledge of computer systems.
- Have knowledge of wage and employment laws.
- Be proficient in all Microsoft programs.
- Be able to prioritize and delegate when necessary.
- Be able to build and maintain relationships with a diverse group.
- HR Certificate or degree preferred.
- Have great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to multi-task and able to solve variety of different problems.
- Be able to successfully pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
McLane - 30+ days ago
You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale...