Human Resources Service Administrator-IOW000I3
Mercer is the global leader for trusted Human Resources and related financial advice, products and services. In our work with clients, we make a positive impact on the world every day. We do this by enhancing the financial and retirement security, health, productivity and employment relationships of the global workforce. Mercer has more than 19,000 employees serving clients in over 180 cities and 40 countries and territories worldwide. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the hundreds of job opportunities available through Mercer. Our core strengths in consulting, outsourcing and investments place Mercer in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. Mercer is an operating unit of Marsh & McLennan Companies.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a leading global professional services firm with roots dating back to 1871. We employ over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries with annual revenue exceeding $11 billion. Marsh & McLennan Companies is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including: Marsh, our insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, our risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, our provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, our management consultancy.
The Human Resources Service Administrator provides professional human resource, benefits, and payroll administration services for Mercer Health & Benefits client companies. To fulfill this role, the Administrator will:
- Partner with Sales Professionals and Consultants during the new client implementation process and assist in gathering complete client information related to current human resource processes
- Evaluate client information provided to determine project priorities in the specialty areas of employee handbook review and annual benefits renewal timetable
- Conduct review of client employee handbook and employee relations process against best practice templates to ensure client documents and process are compliant with state and national laws
- Create and present mock best practice recommendations to client and manage communication between client and its' legal review team until final approval is reached
- Build client profile by gathering company and employee information, reviewing company human resources practices and policies, and conducting a compliance review. Work directly with management to develop or change existing policies, procedures, and programs, and responds to associated inquiries
- Act as administrator to ensure accurate and thorough company and employee set up in HR Information System. Responsible for data integrity and overall system management
- Conduct employee benefits enrollment meetings to educate and inform client employees of the details of changes in their employer's health benefits plan and assist with enrollment questions and the open enrollment processes
- Adequately address employee relation concerns for both the employee and the client as a neutral party. Provide ongoing HR support to client and employees
- Manage and maintain appropriate information included in client employee files such as I-9 files, personnel files, benefit files, and confidential employee files to ensure they are compliant with state and federal laws. Educate client on proper I-9 form completion and record retention guidelines
- Manage new hire orientation by explaining benefits and company information and securing relevant employee paperwork. Manage communications with employee and supervisor to ensure proper documents are provided and completed, documents correspondence, and serves as an ongoing resource for employees and management of client company. Likewise, manage status change and separation paperwork and communications
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
- BA/BS degree required
- Four years HR experience and/or training; or a combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of various aspects of Human Resources, including, but not limited to group employee benefits, payroll administration, employee relations, legal compliance and regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR Information systems, Internet system, PowerPoint, spreadsheet and word processing software
- Strong presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, manage difficult situations professionally, and respond to client needs promptly while developing and fostering successful business relationships
- Professional Human Resource designation is preferred
Job: Client Service
Primary Location: US-IA-Iowa City
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates
are equal opportunity employers
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the...