A Talisker Mountain Destination
At Canyons Resort, proud winner of the 2011 & 2012 Utah's Best Places to Work award , you’re not just an employee, you’re a Guide. As such a Guide, you have the opportunity to create extraordinary experiences for our guests and as a company, we can say without a doubt that we value our Guides above all else.
We’ve added lifts, new amenities and ski terrain – encompassing one of the largest mountain resort developments in North America. The one thing we haven’t changed is our respect for each other and our authenticity. We are known for our friendliness because we genuinely like creating extraordinary experiences for our guests.
If you're ready to be part of something big and believe you can make a difference for our guests, we might be the right fit for you.
This is the job for you, if…
You enjoy setting and achieving specific standards for yourself and others.
You excel in a above average pace environment .
You want to be held accountable to the highest standard of work .
You enjoy lively and incisive communication.
If you answered YES to all of the above, please keep reading!
POSITION TITLE: HR Service Center Manager
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
STATUS: Exempt, Full Time Year Round
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Human Resources
Create and maintain a well organized, efficient HR Service Center that supports Team Member and Guide’s transactional processes. Act as an innovative and strategic leader in regards to evolving organization needs and staying in the forefront of industry trends. Supervises the Service Center which is the “face and voice” of Human Resources to our Guides and Team Members.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the Service Center processing employee related transactions accurately and efficiently in a manner epitomizing Talisker and Canyons Resort Service culture.
- Develop and provide actionable business measurements and analytics to support the HR Strategic Partners and the business in general.
- Creates and maintains an amazing, positive HR experience for our Guides and Team Members that is quick, efficient, and accurate while still personalized and warm.
- Develop and maintain systems and process for all employee life cycle events and tasks such as, selection/offer, on boarding, benefits enrollment, status changes, transfers, off boarding, separation, C.O.B.R.A. notification, Unemployment claims and other governmental reporting
- Lead cultural change to Manager and Employee Self Service.
- Proactively develop reports for senior management and functional groups throughout the resort to assist in business planning.
- Maintain and improve technology platforms central to HR, including ADP, HR-B, Taleo, Selection systems, HR-B landing pages and other web pages.
- Create a work environment of trust and fairness with Service Center Guides who are motivated to create extra ordinary experiences for our Guides and Guests. Maintain positive relationships with our suppliers.
- Maintain familiarity and knowledge of changing HR trends in regards to HR practices such as on boarding, support and communication tools for large, diverse companies in order to continuously improve the offerings and functions of the HR department.
- Ensure that the integrity of each system is maintained as the applications and processes are enhanced and modified. Ensures that documentation is developed and maintained for such processes.
- Timely, accurate and efficient HR transaction processing
- HR Database Management, communicate and partner with IT to update and implement new data base systems.
- Liaison between Payroll Master and HRM’s at all times. Effective communication is heightened during peak periods.
- Provide inspired leadership to the team of HR Service Center Representatives and develop positive working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Create and maintain a professional HR image at all touch points. HR lobby/reception area, front desk, HR common areas, Canyons Access, HR Intranet page, documents, social media, etc.
- Ensure accurate and timely communication of HR Processes, policy and procedure updates, benefit and payroll updates. Accurate and timely communication in regards to responding to manager and employee inquiries and concerns.
- Build credibility and further HR’s reputation and positive impact on the business.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to Vice President of Human Resources
- Manages Service Center Representatives and Benefits Administrator
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in related field preferred
- 2-3 years working experience with HR practices and processes, LEAN principles, six sigma, 5s’s and other quality related concepts.
- Ability to understand ambiguous requests, discern data which must be gathered and report measurements that are actionable and compelling to solve business problems.
- Adept at most common software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Understanding of ADP HR-B, and ADP payroll helpful.
- Graphic design and written communication skills will be helpful. Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Desire to expand use of technology to automate task functions while not losing human touch.
- Ability to create a “guest” experience in HR that is comparable to that we provide to our guests/owners, and/or is on par with customer experience with those known for service. (e.g. Zappos, Apple Retail, Nordstrom).
- A natural inclination to view HR practices from the external customer, investor, community perspective, not just internally.
- Ability to develop and implement solutions to provide or improve Human Resources services.
- Strong knowledge in database design principles and reporting tools.
- High standard of attention to detail.
- Pragmatic problem solver.
- Proven ability to structure and organize processes and procedures.
The life-enhancement company has two destination health resorts - the original, which opened in Tucson, Ariz., in 1979, and a second, which...