The Human Resources Specialist is responsible for performing a full range of HR functions under the leadership of the Director of Payroll and Benefits. The ideal candidate is highly skilled and motivated with a proven history of delivering results. As the HR Specialist, he or she will be responsible for performing many human resources functions in compliance with local, state, federal, and industry requirements. He or she will provide a full range of day-to-day HR support in areas including payroll, benefits, and recruiting.
- Process biweekly payroll for 250+ employees
- Review payroll forms for accuracy
- Research, analyze, and resolve payroll-related problems or questions
- Compile and analyze payroll data
- Prepare related reports
- Serve as a contact for payroll related issues/inquiries
- Administer health plan including enrollments and terminations, keeping accurate records of all enrollments, changes and terminations
- Work with Director of Payroll and Benefits on all open-enrollment periods
- Process monthly invoices from insurance providers. Reviews bills for accuracy
- Apply plan documents, contracts, policies, and procedures to ensure consistent administration and compliance with federal, state, and local government regulations (i.e. HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, etc.)
- COBRA administration to include new hire and terminated employee notifications and payments
- Biweekly 401k contribution files preparation
- Administer transit benefits for all staff
General HR Administration
- Maintain internal and external vacancy announcements
- Review and forward resumes to appropriate team
- Process education background check
- Proactively manage on-boarding process of new staff by organizing first day activities, keying system updates in Salesforce, and conducting orientation
- Establish and maintain paper HR records including personnel records, I-9
American Progress provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- ’s, and other important files
Handle all staff employment verification requests
Timesheet administration to include new hire setups, leave questions, timesheet approval
Work closely with Director of Payroll and Benefits on wellness program initiative, identifying ways to provide most efficient HR service to staff
May also perform project work as necessary and other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong knowledge of ADP (preferably PayExpert) payroll system
- Minimum of two to five years in a HR generalist-level role required
- Strong knowledge relating to payroll, recruiting, and benefits
- Multistate payroll processing experience preferred
- Must be able to interact and communicate with all levels, building strong relationships
- Strong administrative skills including high proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be self-directed with ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be detail-oriented and able to produce error-free work
- Must be flexible and adaptive to change, take initiative and be accountable for actions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
American Progress is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org .
For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaaction.org .
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: email@example.com .
Or you may write to:
Center for American Progress
1333 H Street, NW, 10th Floor
Washington, DC 20005
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls please .
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard