This position is also being announced under the Agency's Merit Promotion Plan to federal employees and non-competitive appointment eligibles. If you wish to be considered under Merit Promotion or Non-Competitive procedures for GS-09/11/12, you must apply under the Merit Promotion announcement 13-046-MYD-MP.
The selectee will be responsible for ensuring agency adherence to merit system principles and human resources management compliance and accountability; and supporting and informing agencies' programmatic efforts in human resources. This position is located with OPM's Merit System Audit and Compliance, Dallas Oversight office or San Francisco, CA Oversight office.
- U.S. Citizen
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Relevant experience (see Qualifications below)
- Up to 25% travel away from duty station may be required
- Must have a current valid state issued drivers license
- Applies human resources (HR) knowledge and skills to consult and partner with Federal agencies to support and/or evaluate their strategic human capital (HC) and HR management and accountability efforts.
- Leads or participate as a team member on audits and evaluations to agency HR operations, typically covering one or more systems of the Human Capital Framework, i.e., strategic alignment, leadership and knowledge management, results oriented performance culture, talent, and evaluation. Assesses agency compliance with merit system principles, Federal law, and regulations. Identifies agency wide and/or installation level systemic or operational weaknesses and recommends solutions.
- Reports on agency implementation of HR goals and verifies results of strategies and initiatives; evaluation of Government-wide and agency-specific issues.
- Conducts oral briefings and/or training sessions in technical HR areas. Writes reports of findings including required actions for installation compliance and recommended actions designed to improve effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Performs fact-finding and drafts decisions regarding adjudication of classification appeals from Federal employee in multi-state geographic area.
To qualify for the GS-9 level, applicants must have one year of experience in human resources involving knowledge of and skill in applying concepts, principles, laws, regulations, and practices; and program evaluation techniques, HR instructions, reports, charts; providing HR assistance to management; researching and presenting solutions to resolve HR problems; equivalent to the GS-7 grade level in the Federal service.
OR A master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if the degree is related to HR.
OR An equivalent combination of education and experience described above which qualifies me for the GS-09 grade level.
You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application package to ensure you meet the job requirements. Your application package must support your answers to the occupational questionnaire. If your answers cannot be verified, your rating will be changed to an appropriate level.
All applicants will be rated on the following Skills or Competencies:
- Program evaluation
- Technical HR
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Interpersonal skills
If you meet all of the basic and minimum qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
OPM offers a comprehensive benefits package this link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered.
Relocation expenses will not be paid. Current OPM career employees may qualify as an exception.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
usajobs.gov - 17 months ago