The Human Resources Systems Specialist has multiple principle responsibilities: 1) administrator for the Guardian I-9 system managing the logistics for I-9 completion for all new employees (faculty, staff and students), 2) management of the internal HR data review and audit schedule, 3) key partner in new hire orientation program, and 4) backup to HR Specialist responsible for H1B and Permanent Residency immigration applications.
In addition, the HR Systems Specialist will work closely with both the HR Services team and the HR Recruitment team and will participate in job fairs and projects.
May substitute additional related experience, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis in lieu of the education requirement.
Related experience in a human resources or highly data driven environment
Education may not be substituted for the experience requirement.
Other Skills Required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to work as a member of a team
Work experience in or with one or more of the following areas:
- higher education
- HR Information System, and in particular Banner HRIS
- project implementation
- data review and audit
- H1B visa and permanent residency application processes
Other Skills Preferred
- Knowledge of the federal I-9 work authorization form and E-Verify
Ability to move boxes weighing up to 20 pounds, transport boxes/materials to/from office and off site locations, travel across campus and climb stairs.
(e.g. Weekend/evening work, travel, inclement weather, hazards)
General office environment; evening and weekend work as required based on workload.
$40,300 - $52,800
Job Posting Category
Eligible for Overtime
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Eligible for Shift Differential
Not Shift Differential Eligible
You have to be as wise as an owl to attend Rice University, and have really good SAT scores. Often referred to as the "Ivy League of...