Under the direction of the Human Resources Director, responsible for the administration Manpower Management System including, UltiPro HR/PR module, eRecruitment module, Ultimate Time & Attendance module, Ultimate Performance Management module and the Corporation’s employee scheduling programs. Possesses and applies knowledge of principles, concepts, practices and procedures compensation administration. Consults with and advises employees on eligibility, provisions and other matters related to compensation and may assist with matters related to benefits. Monitors human resources information needed on a continual basis and updates or designs systems and/or reports to meet the changing requirements of the Corporation. Assists the Human Resources counterpart, in his/her absence or as needed, in the administration and management of workers’ compensation, leave of absence, and health and welfare benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and is System Administrator for the Corporations Manpower Management System including HR/Payroll, scheduling and time and attendance, performance management and eRecruiting.
- Researches, designs and maintains reports in support of human resources administration projects and as requested by other departments. Monitors human resources information needs and designs new or modifies existing reports to meet changing requirements.
- Maintains HRIS records including but not limited to training records, compensation records, performance reviews, time and attendance, etc. Inputs, updates and maintains Human Resources related information for bi-weekly payroll system, to include: new hires, terminations, pay changes, reclassifications and promotions. Verifies input, transmits to payroll system, generates related reports and troubleshoots problems.
- Human Resources liaison with SDCCC Computer Systems Division. Responsible for overseeing all Human Resources Department manpower management computer systems and troubleshooting as necessary and as directed by Computer Systems Division.
- Human Resources systems administrator, to include troubleshooting, inputting information and changes, security access changes, and training staff on the use of the programs. Acts as the Human Resources liaison to Accounting for payroll systems. Troubleshoots time and attendance issues.
- Trains Human Resources staff on the Manpower Management System and assist the staff with the interpretation of information.
- Creates and provides personnel reports as requested.
- Provides and participates in salary surveys to determine organization's market relationship and reports findings to the Human Resources Director. Develop corporate salary surveys to include the creation of the distribution list.
- In partnership with the Human Resources Director and other staff as relevant, participates by providing data and completing related submissions for the organization’s annual reports such as but not limited to the AAP, EEO-1 and Vets 100A.
- When requested, provides back-up to the Human Resources staff as directed to meet recruitment and placement needs, reference checks, investigate employee relation issues, conduct employee counseling sessions, separations, exit interviews, etc.
- Maintains seniority lists for the unionized areas of the corporation.
- When required assists Human Resources Specialist counterpart in conducting benefit orientation for new hires (to include compiling materials, development of presentation and scheduling/notifying participants.), and enrolling new employees in benefit plans and providing benefits orientation. Assists in coordinating open enrollment communications, meetings, materials, and new benefit plan implementation including the input of changes into the Human Resources personnel system and processes status changes and reviews claims.
- When required assists counterpart Human Resources Specialist counterpart by reconciling monthly billing for all insurance plans (i.e. medical, dental, etc.) for submission and payment by Accounting.
- When required assists Human Resources Specialist counterpart by assisting employees with benefit related issues such as eligibility, interpretations of provisions and other benefit related matters.
- When required assists Human Resources Specialist counterpart by investigating discrepancies in benefit coverage and provides information in non-routine situations. May act as liaison with the insurance provider and/or broker.
- When required assists Human Resources Specialist counterpart and evaluates and compares existing employee benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys and other sources of information. Assists in analyzing results of comparisons and surveys and develops specific recommendations for review by management.
- When required assists Human Resources Specialist counterpart in maintaining employee benefit files and other record keeping. Administers COBRA. Together handles leave of absence requests and tracking. Assists in handling pension enrollment and acts as liaison for employees and pension administrators.
- When required assists Human Resources Specialist counterpart in the administration and processing of the monthly benefit billing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Industrial Relations, Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field; and three years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, business contracts, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to compose reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively, with professionalism and courtesy, present information and respond to questions from individual or groups of employees, clients, customers, and the general public. Bi-lingual English/Spanish or English/Tagalog helpful, but not required.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of numerical representation, including whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret various graph displays.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of technically diverse instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to apply logical thinking to identify and explain problems, collect data and establish fact, and create a valid conclusion or resolution to problems.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHR or PHR-CA Certification helpful.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge and experience in Human Resources administration and regulations. Strong understanding and experience with HRIS administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting. Experience with Ultimate Software highly preferred. Previous experience in administration and tracking of leaves of absence, including FMLA, CFRA, PDL, ADAAA and FEHA. Robust knowledge of Microsoft applications including: Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, and PowerPoint, as well as Adobe applications. Knowledge of payroll regulations and California wage and hour laws helpful. Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must be detail oriented.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to remain in an office at a computer work station and access information from a computer. The employee is required to be mobile to, from, and within the Human Resources office suite, and may be required to leave the suite and maneuver throughout the facility. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
The employee’s office is located in a basement level suite of offices, adjacent to the parking structure, and does not have access to windows. Indoor HVAC unit monitors and controls temperature and air flow. Lighting provided by overhead bulbs and lamps. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and includes noises from machinery in operation above the office as well as copier and fax machines located within the office suite. Frequent computer use at a workstation. Frequent interaction with employees via email, telephone, delivery correspondence, and/or face-to-face. Occasional interaction with customers or general public via email, telephone, delivery correspondence, and/or face-to-face. May be exposed to exhaust fumes and airborne particles. Ability to work Monday through Friday in order to provide an appropriate level of support and interaction to employees and other internal departments.
Pay Range: $50,169.60-$62,712.00
The San Diego Convention Center Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.