Oversees implementation of HR strategies and policies focusing on achievement of the following results:
Guides work planning monitoring and evaluation processes of work teams; adjusts, realigns office systems including posts and staffing profiles with new directions and strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of HR activities with UNDP rules and regulations, strategies and policies;
- Tools and management systems developed for effective internal controls in all areas relating to implementation of benefits and entitlements.
- Continuous analysis of corporate HR strategies and policies, assessing the impact of changes and making recommendations on their implementation in BES. Research on the matters related to conditions of service, salaries, allowances and other policy matters. Elaboration and introduction of measurement indicators, their monitoring and reporting on achievement of results.
- BES HR business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures in HR management, control of the workflows in the HR Unit.
- Implementation of the strategic approach to recruitment, through use of contractual modalities, early warning for management, clients and partners to forecast staffing changes.
- High client satisfaction achieved through effective communication and sensitivity to diverse cultures, races, gender, religion, nationality and age
Identifies areas for improving processes and HR policies and developing our business requirements to maximize efficiency and simplify procedures, to achieve the following results:
- Motivated staff through support to effective learning management and staff development opportunities.
- Working environment wherein ideas, interests and concerns of others are recognized and credit is given to the contributions of others.
- Elaboration and implementation of the protocol for performance appraisal processes, facilitation of the process, elaboration of performance evaluation indicators in consultation with the Senior Management.
- Provision of effective counseling to staff on career advancement, development needs, learning possibilities.
Accountable for integrity, transparency, and equity in the management of corporate UNDP resources focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Business processes re-engineered and new HR policies and guidelines formulated
- HR policies and guidelines aligned with the UNDP’s corporate goals
- Regular outreach to UN common system partners to ensure harmonization and cost savings in the HR practice areas
- Reduced costs of BES operations and related costs to clients and partners
- Cost recovery opportunities developed and efficiently applied
- Enhanced IT management through leveraging Atlas (PeopleSoft) and SuperOffice functionalities.
- Further enhancements of and implementation of eServices.
Monitoring and co-ordination for knowledge building/sharing within BES, with clients and strategic partners, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Budgetary requirements for corporate benefits and entitlements analyzed for corporate planning needs
- BES unit budget development and oversight ensuring compliance with the accountability framework.
- High level approval of payments in consultation with Senior Management.
- Prescriptive content on-line in the HR network and SAS website is up-to-date and shared with practice communities.
- Best practices and lessons learnt continuously identified, documented and shared; appropriate and up-to-date information and learning tools are available
- Business culture encouraging creativity and innovation, and cultivating productive relationships created.
Corporate Responsibility & teamwork:
- Serves and promotes the vision, mission, values, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Plans, prioritizes, and delivers tasks on time
- Participates effectively in a team-based, information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others
- Responds flexibly & positively to change through active involvement
- Recognizes & responds appropriately to the ideas, interests, & concerns of others; gives credit to the contributions of others
- Promotes a learning environment; facilitates the development of individual and team competencies
- Plans and produces quality results to meet established goals
- Generates innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations.
Partnering and Networking:
- Seeks and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside UNDP
Innovation & Judgment:
- Conceptualises and analyses problems to identify key issues, underlying problems and how they relate.
- Strives for quality client-centered services (internal/external) when making decisions and taking action
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills
Job Knowledge & Expertise:
- Demonstrates substantive and technical knowledge to meet responsibilities and post requirements with excellence
- Uses Information Technology effectively as a tool and resource
- Is motivated & demonstrates a capacity to pursue personal development & learning
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Fulfills all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in HR, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field.
- 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing HR advisory services and/or managing staff and operational systems.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in other UN official languages desirable.
Click here for important information for US Permanent Residents ('Green Card' holders).
UNDP - 2 years ago
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. It advocates for change and connects...