We're looking for a smart, self-motivated, organized, enthusiastic person who is prepared to learn, synthesize information from disparate sources, write, persuade, coordinate events and activities, shoot and edit videos and have fun.
• Responsible for operational and technical personnel duties to include: employment application intake, computer entry and file maintenance, assist with new employee orientation, answer telephones, and assist Manager with employee/personnel projects.
• Shoot photos and videos (includes editing) for SABIC Burkville site’s publications, and Web site.
• Write articles for the company’s electronic newsletter and compile the newsletter each week.
• Write announcements for the company’s digital communication system and manage the administrative aspects of the digital system.
• Help maintain the organization’s media list and track media coverage.
• Support and participate in the site’s community relations committee and assists with tactical communication execution.
• Filing and archiving historical files and documents, and other clerical work.
• Candidates must be majoring in human resources, public relations and advertising, radio and television, journalism, marketing, or other related fields, and be in their third or fourth year of study within these majors. Candidates will work an average of 24 hours per week during normal business hours. Internship will begin May 20th and last up to 3 months.
• A good understanding of photography and video production and editing. Knowledge of Adobe Premier Elements preferred.
• Organizational, interpersonal and time-management skills.
• Strong written skills; knowledge of AP stylebook.
• Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check.
• You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States