Responsible for all Human Resources functions. These include, but are not limited to: payroll, recruitment, staffing, performance management, new employee orientation, benefits, and training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process full-time employee bi-weekly payroll, coordinate temporary employee weekly payroll with staffing vendor.
- Coordinate the non-exempt employee recruitment and hiring process. Partner with Corporate HR group for recruiting process of example staff. Conduct new employee orientation.
- Coordinate enrollment of employees in the DFA benefits plan.
- Ensure employee compliance for Dairy University trainings.
- Serve as a resource for employees with questions regarding DFA’s policies and procedures.
- Ensures union contract compliance. Provides guidance and direction to management on labor and scheduling issues and disciplinary actions.
- Representative for unemployment hearings, grievances, arbitrations and contract negotiations.
- Posts, maintains and tracks vacations for Union employees
- Processes records associated with personnel changes, leaves of absence, and FMLA.
- Serves as EEO Coordinator for the facility. Compiles and updates the Affirmative Action Plan and EEO-1 reporting. Reviews hiring needs against the AAP.
- Produce production reports upon request.
- Assist with the planning, communicating, and tracking of plant special events throughout the year.
- Assist management staff with administrative support.
- Must adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Follows all DFA GMP’s and works in a manner consistent with all corporate and regulatory, food safety, quality and sanitation requirements.
- Process all personnel information and maintain accurate personnel files.
- Backup for Safety Coordinator as per applicable job description.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 5 years previous HR experience required
- 2+ years experience in a unionized manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint), Windows Operating System, and Publisher.
- Knowledge of human resources software and state and federal employment laws.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, and relationship skills
- Detail oriented, extremely accurate and ability to follow up on long-term, ongoing projects and meet all deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Dairy Farmers of America
- 2 years ago - save job