The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are seeking a Part-time Human Resources Volunteer, Global Talent Acquisition, who will work closely with and support our high functional Global Talent Acquisition / Recruitment team. This individual will coordinate recruiting projects and provide administrative support to the recruiting team. This opportunity is ideal for individuals looking for an opportunity to learn and experience the Recruiting/HR field in a global capacity.
- Create global recruiting presentations and manuals with the Talent Acquisition team and provide assistance with presenting to international HR teams.
- Research various websites – job boards, resume database.
- Provide support to the daily recruitment activities such as coordinating/maintaining recruiting calendar of events.
- Assist recruiters in conducting reference checks.
- Assist with high volume interview scheduling and travel logistics.
- Work on varied projects and reports using Taleo Applicant Tracking database.
- Other duties as assigned.
The volunteer must be able to provide a 20 hour per week commitment for 4 to 6 months. Schedule and length of opportunity flexible.
- Strong interest in Human Resource Management and Organizational Development.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong MS Office suite skills. Advance PowerPoint skills a must.
- Ability to work independently in a high deadline oriented environment.
Desired start date: June 1, 2013
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their...