• Ensures that time sheets are received in HR at the assigned time
• Ensures that the updated time sheet is being used.
• Ensures that each employee record on time sheet is completed with the following: Accurate date, Employee name, department, job code, event code, employee’s initial for rest break(s), employee’s signature to acknowledge approval of his/her hours, signature of manager on duty (MOD) and approval of department head etc.
• Reviews timesheet for meal break policy compliance for each employee
• Reviews labor request against time sheet to ensure accuracy in job code entries
• Reports all meal break violations to Human Resources Manager
• Sends daily report on overtime, meal break violations and missed punches to Human Resources Manager, Director of Finance and District General Manager
• Researches and respond to all inquiries in a timely and professional manner
• Maintains strict confidentiality of all payroll information
• Generates and prints payroll reports for validation and documentation
• Sorts and distribute paychecks
• Creates employee files
• File paperwork as necessary
• Completes special Human Resources related projects as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Operate a personal computer using Windows Word, Excel, Outlook; payroll software and other related standard office equipment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi task
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Good work ethic.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail.
A minimum of two (2) years of payroll processing for an average of 250 or more employees is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and have capacity to learn new programs as needed.
Bilingual Spanish is preferred.
You may visit our websites at: www.smgworld.com, www.smgcatering.com and www.savorsmg.com
Resumes must include compensation requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Name: Catherine Holdbrook-Smith
Facility Name: SAVOR Long Beach
Street Address: 300 East Ocean Blvd.
City, State, Zip Code: Long Beach, CA 90802
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
SMG World - 13 months ago