Requires a high school diploma or GED and one year of direct service work experience with special population groups such as children and adolescents, individuals in a direct care facility such as a day care or in a community/mental health setting. Two years of college coursework may substitute for the work experience requirement.
A valid driver’s license and a vehicle are required. A county vehicle is provided but occasionally may need use of personal vehicle. Successful completion of a standard background and criminal record check also required.
If unable to find qualified candidates, will consider underfilling as a Human Service Aide I, which requires a high school diploma or a GED. Salary range: $1,687 - $1,968.
For More Information or Assistance Contact: John Mogren, Wells County Social Services, 701-547-3694
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950) . Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: email@example.com
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
Activities are primarily providing transportation services for clients, supervise visitations, and assist social workers with clerical and administrative functions. This Multi-County social service position is a collaborative effort with a team based philosophy. The person in this position will work with social service staff and clients in Eddy, Foster and Wells County. Computer literacy is essential, good verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and timeliness are required. Data input for the social workers is a large part of this position. The ability to adjust to a flexible work schedule is also required. Applicant must have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to multi-task.
The position will be located in Fessenden (Wells County). Flexibility in work location may be considered if requested with the possible options of this position working some days from Carrington (Foster County), or New Rockford (Eddy County).
Wells County Social Services offers challenging work opportunities, a full range of employee benefits including a comprehensive health plan, paid leave, a retirement plan, and more.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
North Dakota State Government - 2 years ago