Minneapolis Community and Technical College is a two-year college located in downtown Minneapolis, serving the diverse, multicultural communities of the Twin Cities. MCTC enrolls 58% students of color. The college provides a comprehensive offering of developmental, liberal arts, pre-professional, professional, and technical programs.
Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State College Faculty which can be found at:
HUMAN SERVICES FACULTY
1 F ull-Time Probationary (This is the two-year college equivalent of a tenure-track position.)
Date of Appointment: Beginning Fall Semester 2014/August 20, 2014
Examples of Duties:
· Teach a variety of Human Services courses on campus and serve as Faculty Advisor for off-campus interns for an Associate in Science in Human Services Degree program.
· Primary focus teaching skills-based, experiential, and theory-based human services generalist courses.
· Secondary focus may include supervision of interns in a variety of community settings.
· Teach and assess beginning counseling, group, and case management skills in role-play and taped simulations.
· Develop and maintain partnerships with a broad variety of community organizations and supervisors for student volunteer, field, and internship experiences.
· Teaching day, evening, on and off campus and online coursework (all potential assignments).
· Development and revision of courses and instructional materials.
· Assessment of student learning outcomes at the course, department and college general education levels
· Commitment to providing quality instruction and services to a very diverse student population
· Active participation in department meetings, coordination activities and college wide committees
· Collegial and cooperative work relationships with colleagues in the department, department support staff and all college personnel
· Participation in ongoing professional development activities and professional memberships
• Master's degree with a major in human services, social work, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, school psychology, or human development
• Master's degree with a minimum of 16 graduate semester credits (24 graduate quarter credits) in human services, social work, clinical psychology, or counseling psychology
• Master's degree with a major in sociology or counseling with 10 graduate semester credits (15 graduate quarter credits) in human services.
OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
• Two full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience in human services, social work, clinical psychology, or counseling psychology.
• One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
• Experience with online course management software
• Experience teaching at a 2-year college
• Demonstrated success working with diverse populations
Materials submitted electronically on or before December 20, 2013 will receive priority review; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Submit your application and supporting information to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/minneapolisedu/default.cfm.
An equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and encourages application from underrepresented groups. A member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.
Minneapolis Community and Technical College - 13 months ago