The City of Bloomington is seeking an individual to plan, implement, supervise and promote human services programs for children/youth/families, older adults, persons with disabilities, multicultural families, individuals/families with low income and homeless individuals and families.
Examples of Duties:
- May act as lead staff and/or provide assistance on planning, implementing, evaluating and monitoring work plan strategies, programs and events in the areas of client support services, marketing and communications, volunteerism, meal programs, active aging adult programs/events, community programs/events, and/or food resource programs.
- Information and Referral
- Provide information and referrals to State, County and local non-profit organizations for residents who contact the city looking for resources.
- Provide recommendations for residents on informal services (e.g. faith communities, family supports, neighborhood groups, and service organizations) that may be able to assist individuals in meeting their needs.
- Plan and implement community events and programs that are informational and educational as they relate to human services needs, especially those identified by consumers.
- Creates Human Services materials and ensures they are consistent with Division and City themes and guidelines.
- Maintains worksite databases for promotional, outreach, and reporting purposes.
- Participates in Division work teams and staff planning meetings.
- Participates in priority interagency committees and task forces in the City and the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Recreation, Communications, Marketing, Nutrition or other related area
- Six months program development and implementation experience in human services and/or recreation
- Six months current experience in two of the following human services/recreation areas:
- Special events and program implementation
- Marketing and promotions
- Information, referral and follow-up
- Experience recruiting and working with volunteers
- Experience in program budget development and monitoring
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet and other software programs (such as Microsoft Office Suite)
- Ability to manage own time and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Ability to get to and from job related work sites and meetings
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours
- Advanced degree in Human Services, Communications, Nutrition, Public Administration or other related area
- One year work experience in a city government entity performing duties in human services, recreation, marketing, communications, or nutrition
- Experience developing marketing materials using 2 of the 4 software programs: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and/or Dreamweaver
- State of Minnesota Food Manager Certification
- Experience in working directly with at least three of the following populations:
- Older adults
- People with disabilities
- Low income individuals and families
- Multicultural families/individuals
- Homeless individuals and families
- Experience in public speaking and presentations
- Experience promoting programs and events on social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube
- Experience using Carousal/Tightrope system
- Fluent in Spanish, Russian, Somali, Chinese, or any of the south-east Asian languages
Supervision of Others:
Volunteers, Interns, Seasonal Staff, Others, as assigned
City of Bloomington, MN - 5 months ago