The Washington Humane Society (WHS) is seeking an outgoing, energetic and creative individual to join our team as a Humane Law Enforcement Officer . WHS is the only Congressionally-chartered animal welfare agency in the United States and operates two open-admission shelters, a Humane Law Enforcement department and other progress program and services designed to protect animals. The person who is hired into this role will enforce the anti-cruelty code, investigates/resolve animal neglect/cruelty complaints, care for impounded animals, works with Metro DC Police, interacts frequently with DC citizens. Officers collect evidence, research information for search/arrest warrants, document investigation details, impound animals if needed and play an integral role in transforming animal welfare in the nation’s capital.
The starting salary for this full time position would be $17 per hour.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in animal control, animal welfare, law enforcement or response-related duties, knowledge/experence in state/local animal laws and enforcement techniques.
- Strong motivation to make a difference in the lives of animals with a commitment to rescue any animal in need
- A track record of successful relationships with colleagues, subordinates and customers
- Ability to train and effectively direct the activities of department staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrated interpersonal relationship skills.
- Outstanding communications skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituencies including staff, volunteers, current and potential donors, representatives of other animal welfare organizations, private and public agencies, public officials, the press and private citizens concerned about the treatment of animals.
- Enthusiasm to expand life-saving programs and the ability to work in an organization with diverse responsibilities and a commitment to finding solutions for animal welfare related issues
- A commitment to working with colleagues to eliminate the euthanasia of adoptable animals in the region
- Must be flexible to work on-call and weekends
How to Apply
MUST submit a cover letter outlining your qualifications and your resume with the subject “HLE Officer.” Learn more at www.washhumane.org.
Thank you for your interest!
Indeed - 2 years ago