The Hydroelectric Facility Operator is responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of our hydroelectric power plant facilities. Rotating, on-call responsibilities will be part of this position.
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
- Daily operation of power plant equipment including daily logs, preventive maintenance tasks, and reporting requirements
- Periodic preventive maintenance and inspection of plant equipment and facilities
- Participate in major and minor facility repairs and upgrades. Aid in budget preparation.
- Coordinate, schedule and participate with subcontractors, equipment service work, inspections and overhaul activities as required.
- Ensure compliance with standard operating procedures (SOPs), company and agencies’ procedures and regulations
- Ensure compliance with company, industry, and regulatory safety standards and procedures
- Manage daily operations
- Optimize the installations by staying alert to changes and adjust operations accordingly
- Participate in the preparation of new SOP’s
- Proposes improvement solutions and betterments (Continuous improvement)
- Supports the team (Operations, accident prevention, environmentally responsible)
Please send resume and salary requirement to email@example.com with Hydro Op - Idaho
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years of related experience
- Demonstrated mechanical and/or electrical skills as applied to turbines, generators, large diesel engines, compressors, pumps, motors, valves and related equipment and systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of operation of power plant systems and equipment, principles of rotating equipment, and appropriate safety procedures
- Basic computer skills (Windows, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to respond to emergency calls
- Ability to solve practical problems and provide applicable solutions.
- Must be able to work independently in areas of expertise
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle
- Ability to frequently climb ladders and enter confined spaces; climb to and work from elevated platforms, ladders and walkways
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds from the floor to the waist