This position is responsible for:
Leading development and implementation of the strategic plan for Shire’s global, Hyperion, statutory and management reporting platform.
Directing and leading the Hyperion Financial Systems team across sites in the UK and US and ensuring that one of Finance’s most critical systems meet the needs of the function.
• Design the long term development plan for the Hyperion environment to align with the strategic management information goals of Finance and keep pace with organizational growth
• Liaise with and influence senior leaders within Finance in balancing business need with technical feasibility
• Maximize the potential of existing technologies and assess and introduce new technologies where appropriate
• Identify global improvement opportunities for the Hyperion platform and implement solutions. To include:
• Development of Business Cases
• Development Proof of Concept
• Negotiation with 3rd parties
• Budget responsibility and cost control
• Establish and maintain global Hyperion support services to ensure Finance meets it’s objectives in areas such as:
• Group consolidation and Financial Closing
• Forecasting, Budgeting and Long Range Planning
• Corporate financial modeling
• SOX control
•Direct and lead the Hyperion Financial Systems team across sites in the US and UK such that:
• Data integrity across all Hyperion financial systems is maintained and developed
• Hyperion applications evolve and a strategy is in place to ensure that the Hyperion platform consistently meets the needs of the Finance function
• Core team skills are developed and all team members are fully equipped to meet the needs of Finance
• Excellent systems controls are implemented, appropriate policies and procedures are put in place and a strong governance environment is maintained across one for Finances most critical system platforms
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Degree in a numerate discipline
• Preferably qualified accountant. Knowledge of fundamental accounting concepts is mandatory
• Minimum 10 years hands-on Hyperion Planning / Essbase application development and support experience incorporating project and team management
• Minimum 7 years experience designing and delivering Hyperion based solutions to consolidation, forecasting and management reporting requirements
• Minimum 5 years experience supporting end-user processes (e.g. Close, Budget, Forecast)
Shire's Brave culture offers employees with diverse backgrounds the opportunity to enable those with life altering conditions to lead better lives
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Shire is committed to a diverse workforce. US Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 484-595-8400.
Shire - 13 months ago
Shire plc (Shire) is a specialty biopharmaceutical company that focuses on meeting the needs of the specialist physician. Shire focuses its...