This position is responsible for IT network infrastructure and support teams. Responsibility includes network architecture/design, service fulfillment, and operational management. Additionally this individual will be responsible for vendor and contract management to ensure cost effective delivery of services. Position is a hands on technical management role with deep domain expertise in Cisco Voice/Data networking.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Deliver a high level of service and project delivery by working through subordinates.
- Mentor/develop staff, both individual contributors and managers.
- Use performance metrics, KPIs, and CI methodologies to build a culture of accountability and continuous improvement.
- Develop organizational strategy and align staff goals and objectives.
Operational Service Delivery
- Continuously deliver a high level of service availability which meet or exceed service level objectives for responsible areas.
- Provide 7x24 operational support and problem resolution management.
- Implement operational best practices to ensure the ongoing health and reliability of the environments (capacity planning, patch management, etc)
- Ability to perform complex problem resolution - diagnosed directly and/or facilitated problem solving across technical teams.
- Manage the on time, on budget, delivery of projects
- Maintain resource allocation plans to ensure deadlines are met.
- Oversee the service request system to ensure that departmental SLA are obtained (currently 90% attainment targets)
- Perform root cause analysis and develop CI plans to drive defects out of the environment.
o Cisco voice platforms (Call Manager and Call Manager Express)
- Stay informed of new releases, features, enhancements for in scope platforms.
- Proactively seek out information on product roadmap and determine upgrade schedule.
- Ensure environments are implemented and aligned with best practice deployments.
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in Computer Science
- 8 years of relevant IT experience. Minimum of 5 years in a supervisor or management position.
- Experience managing multiple technical disciplines
- Strong technical skills o Cisco data networking platforms; switching, routing, Nexus, ASA
o MPLS – integrated voice, video, data utilizing QOS/COS
o Experience with Palo Alto firewalls and F5 Load balancers highly desirable.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience managing a global technical team supporting 2000+ employees
- Cisco Certifications: CCNP, CCNA
- Certification in ITIL
CareerBuilder - 13 months ago