Hyperion Systems Analyst
Hyperion Systems Analyst
The Systems Analyst will contribute to the efficient and effective development and maintenance of Brady’s Hyperion Planning (HPL) and Strategic Finance applications. As a member of the Global Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team, the system administrator will support domestic and international end-users of the Hyperion system. Specifically, he or she will be responsible for managing standard financial reporting processes; metadata changes, mapping and maintenance; financial modeling and support business calculations, Essbase or related interfaces, input templates, versioning, and scenario analysis.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Information Technology, Business, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience with reporting, trouble-shooting, and configuration of Consolidation software.
- Strong interest in financial processes required
Prior experience with Oracle Essbase or similar OLAP software configuration a plus.
- Knowledge of basic financial processes, including but not limited to: general ledger, financial reporting, data warehousing and planning.
- Proficient with advanced functions of MS Excel.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with experience working and interacting with end users at all levels within a global organization.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy on work output.
- Lead development of ongoing maintenance and enhancements to Brady’s Hyperion Planning system, coordinating with internal and external support team to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Assist the Global FP&A Manager to drive improvements in business forecasting and planning, analytics, scenario analysis and reporting.
- Create, test and implement calculation changes and/or enhancements to dashboard views and input forms in the HPL system.
- Resolve end-user technical questions and issues related to the HPL system, providing guidance and training on systems, updates and reporting changes.
- Act as a liaison between IT and Finance, having responsibility for planning, organizing and managing workflow between financial systems.
- Oversee process to drive and manage hierarchy changes, and business rules and calculations.
- Provide standardized monthly reporting from the HPL system to senior management, including analysis and insights of business trends.
- Assist in design and development tasks within the context of an ongoing application development projects as needed.
Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect premises, products and people. Brady’s products help customers increase safety, security, productivity and performance and include high-performance labels and signs, safety devices, printing systems and software, and precision die-cut materials. Founded in 1914, the company has millions of customers in electronics, telecommunications, manufacturing, electrical, construction, education, medical and a variety of other industries. Brady is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and as of July 31, 2012 employed approximately 6,900 people at operations in the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. Brady’s fiscal 2012 sales were approximately $1.32 billion. Brady stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BRC.
Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect premises, products and...