Requisition ID: 64971
- Organization: Power
- Location: Nipton, CA
- The I&C Startup Engineer will have the overall responsibility for the assigned I&C equipment and systems of a solar thermal power plant. This includes coordinating with other disciplines and organizations to prepare and execute a plan to complete all I&C testing activities including component level, system level, and integrated facility level testing.
- Development of documentation for system testing and turnover including scoping of drawings and Inspec, TeamWorks, participating in preparing system preoperational testing procedures and other similar required documents.
- Direct and manage I&C subcontract and technicians.
- Prepare detailed startup plans for the project commissioning activities.
- Provide assistance to provide OJT training of client personnel.
- Provide input to engineering on revisions required to system descriptions, vendor operating and maintenance manuals, etc. based on review of documents during development of the preoperational test procedures and executing of the commissioning to ensure all such documents are consistent.
- Monitor and maintain the applicable I&C startup budget accounts.
- Direct, conduct and participate in system turnover walkdowns, both Construction and Client turnovers, including development, and tracking and resolution of punchlist items.
- Work hours as required, including shiftwork, overtime, weekends and holidays as necessary to support the project.
- Provide input for presentations to management, the client or others as directed.
- Perform other duties as directed in support of project activities.
- Expected assignment duration is approximately 6-9 months at the jobsite in Nipton, CA, USA. The project is a 3 unit solar thermal power station. The rating of each unit is 126-133 MWegross.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, a hard science or mathematics from an accredited college or university, or a current or previously held industry or military license/certification/qualification, or a sufficient number of specialized courses in an appropriate engineering or scientific discipline to meet the job requirements, or extensive progressive work experience in the power generation industry.
- 5 years’ experience in the power or related industry, 2 of which have been in commissioning, maintenance or operation of a power generation facility.
- At least 1 year experience in supervising and managing craft workers to perform maintenance or commissioning activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to interact closely and frequently with client management and operations and maintenance personnel while maintaining necessary levels of commercial awareness.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to walk at least 3 miles per day over uneven ground, be able to climb and descend stair towers 100’ in height at least 6 times per shift, climb and descend ladders 25’ in height at least 6 times per shift, climb on and maneuver on temporary scaffolds to access project equipment.
- Must have the right to work and remain in the United States.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...