As a member of our dynamic team, you will be responsible for providing technical support and expertise for the maintenance and operations of a particular unit or for multiple units in a specific area of one of our manufacturing sites. During a typical day, you would support both maintenance and operations on addressing issues with instrumentation and electrical systems and work on specific projects supporting the business unit.
• Provide instrument and electrical engineering expertise to support and optimize production units.
• Perform day to day technical support for ongoing maintenance and operation activities in specific units or areas.
• Provide technical/engineering specifications for the design, inspection and repair of instrument and electrical equipment including pressure, level and temperature indication, electrical equipment (excludes high voltage equipment), control valves and control systems.
• Author procedures to ensure compliance with company requirements and best practices as well as recognized industry practices. • Mentor less experienced engineers and provide some technical training for maintenance craftsmen and operations personnel on equipment repairs and operation.
• Must demonstrate a working knowledge of all applicable engineering codes/standards and their application. A thorough knowledge of operating processes, equipment, materials, as well as critical analytical skills is needed to effectively evaluate equipment performance and trouble-shoot problems.
• Must have general knowledge of project management, maintenance engineering, and root cause analysis.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization are essential.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills are critical for the resolution of issues associated with completing day to day activities and are key to the ability to relate complex concepts to a diverse workforce.
• Minimum 4 years prior experience working as an I&E Maintenance Engineer.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.