We want to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. To meet this goal, we are creating a workplace where our employees are top priority. Come join our team as an I & E Technician at our Evans City , Pennsylvania location.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will perform any plant or system operations maintenance and technical issues related to MarkWest Energy. These duties will include but are not limited to all technical and SCADA related issues to MarkWest Liberty.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- 24-hour monitoring of Control and Data Acquisition system.
- Installing and calibrating any electrical or instrument devices related to MarkWest Energy.
- Plant and system controls DELTAV & SCADA operations and maintenance.
- Reporting any unsafe condition or situation that would compromise the integrity of any MarkWest equipment or locations.
- Maintaining clean and safe working environment for plant operations.
- Making any or all repairs as deemed reasonable and safe.
- Maintaining scheduled preventative maintenance programs on instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Maintaining and repairing all software automations related issues.
- Maintaining operation of the plant Chromatographs and moisture analyzers.
- Compressor station operations and automation.
- Minor and major electrical and software maintenance.
- Maintaining accurate records shutdown and safety checks.
- Maintaining all required documentation for process safety management.
- Operate and Maintaining the company vehicle at all times to ensure safety to him and the equipment that he will operate.
- Maintaining the tools and equipment issued to him.
- Take call on a regular basis.
- Work weekends on an as needed basis.
- Ordering software, electrical & Instrument parts as needed contractors.
- 10 years of applicable experience.
- Self motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute many tasks at once.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Working Environment :
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and with flammable liquids. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, acidic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Materials and Equipment Used:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly use hand tools, computers, phone, fax, copier, map printer/plotter and analytical electronic devices, buried pipe line locators and operate a motor vehicle.
MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P. is a master limited partnership engaged in the gathering, transportation, and processing of natural gas; the transportation, fractionation, marketing, and storage of natural gas liquids; and the gathering and transportation of crude oil. MarkWest has extensive natural gas gathering, processing, and transmission operations in the southwest, GulfCoast, and northeast regions of the United States, including the Marcellus Shale, and is the largest natural gas processor in the Appalachian region.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work for the position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. All job descriptions are subject to change. Job functions and/or responsibilities can be amended at any time at management discretion.
MarkWest Energy Partners - 30+ days ago