The I.T. (Information Technology) Intern under moderate supervision, works on projects as assigned by the Director, I.T. and performs software programming with the focus on wed development.
1. Designs, codes and debugs applications in various software languages, including Java, HTML, PHP and VBA.
2. Maintains software code documentation.
3. Assists in managing e-mail, including their associated operating systems and software. Assists in managing user accounts, permissions, email, firewall, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus, anti-spam, print and back-up servers.
4. Assists in managing all network hardware and equipment, including routers switches hubs and UPS’s; as well as assisting in installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of end user work station hardware, software and peripheral devices.
5. Performs such similar, comparable or related duties as may be required.
Knowledge: College level knowledge of information technology, typically acquired through the attainment of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; a working level knowledge of network and PC operating systems; preferably Windows, Linux, TCP/IP, DNS and current network hardware, protocols and standards; and a knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws are required.
Experience: None mandatory, however one year performing hands-on troubleshooting duties is preferable.
Skills/Aptitudes: Ability to deal with people at all organizational levels; attention to detail; good administrative, analytical, interpersonal, organizational, planning, problem solving, research, teamwork and oral and written communications skills; and an aptitude for training people are required.
Working Conditions: Office and manufacturing environments, including the need to inspect cables in floors and ceilings exists. Sitting for extended periods of time, and lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects such as computers and peripherals are required.
Brooks Brothers - 12 months ago
Known for its classic -- some would say staid -- styling, Brooks Brothers has been getting men dressed for nearly two centuries. Brooks...