PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Dynacraft, a PACCAR Company, is headquartered in Algona, WA, which is a suburb of Seattle. Dynacraft is a diversified global manufacturer of PACCAR medium and heavy-duty truck parts sold under the Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF nameplates. For more than forty years, Dynacraft has provided the company’s truck manufacturing divisions and PACCAR Parts service parts division with high quality components, subassemblies and specialized services. Dynacraft has two manufacturing facilities in Algona, WA and Louisville, KY.
Provide PC and server hardware and software installation, troubleshooting and maintenance. Assist with deployment and maintenance of local area network hardware and software components. Provide administrative and technical support for critical applications and services including division intranet and internet web pages, computer-aided engineering, time and attendance, shop floor and other locally-supported business applications. Responsibilities include resolving incident reports and service requests, managing assigned projects, completing scheduled tasks, providing intermittent after-hours remote technical support, and assuring implementation and ongoing compliance with IT policies and security procedures. This position requires the ability to respond to a diverse set of problems, often without the guidance of established procedures. Range of interpersonal contact will include local and division management and staff, ITD-Renton, and other PACCAR division personnel.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Install and maintain PACCAR standard PC hardware and software, including MS Windows 7 and XP, and Office Suite 2007 and 2010.
- Provide support and troubleshooting for printers, mobile computers, barcode scanners, wireless computer-scanners and other devices
- Assist with configuration, deployment and maintenance of network hardware devices including servers, LAN equipment and wireless subsystem
- Support Implementation and enforcement of company policies and procedures pertaining to information technology resources and security
- Provide technical support for SharePoint, intranet and internet services, computer-aided engineering, time and attendance, shop floor and other business applications
- Provide after-hours remote technical support on a rotating or intermittent schedule
- Develop and maintain documentation related to installation and operating procedures
- Assist with maintenance of department records including software licensing, hardware assignment, hardware/software configuration and IP addresses
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications & Skills
Strong Windows environment PC and server hardware/software configuration, installation, and troubleshooting skills. Working knowledge of MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Knowledge and understanding of Windows networking, web protocols, virtualization, storage and replication is desirable. Recent experience with Microsoft SharePoint Server, SCCM, and other PACCAR approved technologies desirable. Effective communication and problem-solving skills. Ability to work effectively in a team environment with a strong customer support orientation. Self-motivated, well organized, flexible and able to handle the pressure of a high-volume manufacturing and distribution environment.
Education, Training and Certification:
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field required.
Microsoft MCITP, MCSE certifications preferred, as well as Six Sigma training and certification
Additional PACCAR Website Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Global and diverse opportunities! Smart and creative colleagues! Exciting assignments and growth prospects! What drives your career? Find...