Basic Function: The I.T. (Information Technology) Support Analyst under moderate supervision, ensures the stable operation of the in-house computer network, including planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing network hardware, software and communications links; analyzes and resolves end user hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate manner; providing training, as required; manages projects as assigned by the IT Manager and performs all software programming.
1. Maintains Electronic Data Interchange (EDI); including mapping, change requests and problem solving data transfers.
2. Installs and supports software, including email, operating systems, client applications, etc. Assists in the management of user accounts, permissions, email, firewall, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus, anti-spam, print and back-up servers.
3. Manages network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches hubs and UPS’s.
4. Assists in the installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of end user work station hardware, software and peripheral devices.
5. Configures software, hardware and equipment upgrades, as well as including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
6. Administers system backups and recovery.
7. Identifies and solves project issues; as well as maintaining project documentation.
8. Maintains documentation for any networking activities.
9. Keeps abreast of the latest developments in the field of information technology, especially network administration, through reading, attendance at seminars and conferences, etc.
10. Performs such similar, comparable or related duties as may be required.
Knowledge: College level knowledge of information technology, typically acquired through the attainment of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related discipline; a working level knowledge of windows network and PC operating systems are required.
Experience: Three years performing programming and systems analysis with a strong background in manufacturing and distribution experience are required.
Skills/Aptitudes: Ability to deal with people at all organizational levels; attention to detail; good administrative, analytical, interpersonal, organizational, planning, problem solving, research, teamwork and oral and written communications skills; and an aptitude for training people are required.
Working Conditions: Office and manufacturing environments, including the need to inspect cables in floors and ceilings exists. Sitting for extended periods of time, and lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects such as computers and peripherals are required. Occasional extra hours and interstate travel are required.
Brooks Brothers - 30+ days ago
Known for its classic -- some would say staid -- styling, Brooks Brothers has been getting men dressed for nearly two centuries. Brooks Brot...