IATA Rates Specialist-13007930
This position is responsible for calculating complex international itineraries to arrive at the most economical fares for the World Bank travelers, while providing lower fare consultation for travel counselors and passengers. This role will suggest and determine lowest fare for the itinerary and offer alternatives for “all-mission” itineraries and “mission-personal” itineraries. This role will ensure proper documentation according to the guidelines set by American Express and the World Bank as well as utilizing appropriate reference materials. This role will accurately apply airline rules and regulations to the client’s travel policy and work daily rates to completion and meet all deadlines while ensuring booking class is correct within client policy. This position will assist with client inquires on questions related to rate/booking/ticketing and store fares and ticketing shells in PNR with proper endorsements and validating carriers then issue ticket.
* Extensive knowledge of international airfare construction.
* Minimum 5 years experience pricing international itineraries.
* Ability to work well with others while being flexible and adaptable.
* Ability to respond positively to client inquiries and requirements in a very fast-paced environment.
* Able to disseminate and articulate data in layman’s terms for use by non-specialist personnel.
* Ability to take ownership and work well with minimum supervision.
* Creative and innovative approach to work and projects.
* Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
* High level of accuracy and knowledge of storing manual rates and pricing entries.
* Knowledge of ticketing formats.
* Native GDS Exprerience (Amadeus experience is a plus).
- Dedicated work space must be within own residence and that follows the ergonomic and safety guidelines for performing travel counselor duties
- Axcess@Home Agent is responsible for supplying their own furniture; desk with lockable drawer or separate lockable file cabinet, chair, document shredder, smoke detector in proximity of work area, and fire extinguisher
- Axcess@Home Agent must complete Flexible Work Arrangement Application and Agreement
- Axcess@Home Agent must complete and meet the requirements of the Work Environment and Safety Assessment
- High speed internet capability with at least 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds: DSL or Cable (no wireless or satellite ISP’s are permitted)
- Dedicated and separate analog landline phone for training and production calls (no VOIP – voice over internet protocol)
Primary Location: United States
American Express - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...