UCB is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative medicines and solutions to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases. UCB’s core focus is on patients with severe diseases related to Immunology or to the Central Nervous System (CNS).
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented professionals who have a passion for improving the lives of patients that thrive on challenge and change. With a team of over 8,500 talented employees, over € 3.2 billion in revenue and a strong market presence in more than 40 countries, we are nimble enough for each member of our team to feel that their contribution counts, but have enough scale to ensure that our combined efforts can have a profound impact on patients around the globe.
An IBU Sales Trainer is responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of programs that effectively support the training and development of IBU Field Sales personnel throughout their sales career at UCB.
3 main areas of focus:
1. Training and Development of the current IBU Field Sales Force [Clinical Knowledge, Account Management and Selling Skills]
2. Ownership and leadership with the IBU New Hire learning program
3. Leadership and facilitation of POA Sales Meeting objectives and workshops
Training and Development of the current IBU Field Sales Force
Ownership and leadership with the IBU New Hire learning program
- Creation, scheduling and RC approval of all Journal Clubs and “Immunology Academy” curriculum, and administration of knowledge checks and activities to ensure content mastery
- Coordinate with the marketing team on creation, implementation and training of new/current selling messages and use of promotional materials at all POA Sales Meetings
- Collaborate with Marketing and Medical Affairs on major convention activities, including administering Congress Compliance training, coordinating field presence/staffing in the booth, competitive intelligence guidance, scheduling/approval/implementation of post-congress training for the field sales force, and KOL dinners
- Support Marketing and Medical Affairs in the training and rollout of all new promotional materials, ensuring RC approval of training plans/materials, and hosting/facilitating training via teleconference or interactive web meetings
- Leadership and mentoring of the Regional Training Specialists, providing guidance and coaching for RTS feedback forms, coordination of regional training efforts, and managing RTS involvement at POA sales meetings
- Frequent field visits / working sessions with current IBU field sales employees focusing on skill development as well as coaching and leadership opportunities for the IBU Sales Trainer
- Role modeling of a Compliant approach to business for our existing field sales force, new hires & internal employees
Leadership and facilitation of POA Sales Meeting objectives and workshops
- Inspire and Motivate new hire trainees as their Learner Advocate
- Responsible for the face-to-face delivery of the total IBU sales training curriculum to new Immunology Sales Specialists, Clinical Resource Nurses, District Managers, Managed Markets and other UCB staff as requested
- Facilitate the exploration and content mastery of Immunology, Anatomy and Physiology, disease state, conventional treatments, biologic therapies, Cimzia clinical studies, patient and HCP challenges, and prescribing information curriculum during home study/Virtual Classroom for all new hires
- Interface with the LMS Manager to ensure timely/successful completion of all assigned trainings in UCB-University
- Lead the approval and planning for all internal and external guest speakers (internal partners such as Medical Affairs, Managed Markets, Compliance, HR, Med Info, Drug Safety, IT, Marketing, Sales and Marketing Leadership, senior leadership, external HCPs and patients) at all training classes and all POA Sales Meetings
- Coaching and leadership of all activities, role plays, simulations and certifications during live new hire training
- Consistent and specific communication between IBU Sales Training and IBU field leadership pertaining to individual training successes and challenges, developing and communicating a detailed transition plan for each new hire and his/her manager
- Assist the Training Coordinator with ordering and shipping all training supplies, maintaining an inventory of all training and promotional materials needed for classroom activities, and overall new hire training leadership
- Lead the sales force from pre-work to pull-through of POA Sales Meeting objectives and outcomes
- Collaborate with internal partners and external training partners to create curriculum and workshops that support the Business Unit’s core meeting objectives and strategic imperatives.
- Support the Brand Team leads to ensure a strong Sales Training/Marketing partnership, co-facilitating general sessions and leading workshops
UCB is an equal opportunity employer - we value and encourage diversity in the workplace.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of adult teaching techniques, procedures, and practices is recommended
- Excellent organization & presentation skills
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks, and work with minimal supervision yet gain the support of a diverse group
- Basic computer proficiency in MS Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Ability to travel - minimum 1 week per month
- Experience in and/or a thorough understanding of the complexity of the Biologic marketplace, success in selling a biologic, exceptional selling skills, strong Account Management acumen, and experience with institutional selling strategies is preferred
Yes, 50 % of the Time