- Requisition #: 232742011
- Job Category: Engineering
- Operation: Engineering
- Job Group: Specialist
- Job Grade: 10D
- Job Code: E178
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: ALPHARETTA, GA 30005 - Morris Road Location
The Industrial Engineering (IE) Specialist is responsible for providing support to numerous groups within the IE function. He/she assists in conducting data gathering and analysis to support the work measurement and operational planning activities of the IE Supervisors. The IE Specialist compiles data, develops reports, conducts periodic audits, and produces forecasts. He/she also participates in time study and operational improvement activities.
- Gathers and analyzes data necessary to develop work measurement.
- Maintains data within operating plans to highlight conditions and areas for potential change.
- Verifies the proper application of work measurement to ensure accuracy.
- Conducts audits to identify areas and processes not in compliance with standards.
- Discusses and records non-compliant exceptions.
- Develops action plans and obtains management corrective action commitments.
- Assesses the impact of long and short range forecasts on operating plans.
- Responds to ad hoc reporting and analysis requests and utilizes various programs to compile statistical reports.
- Maintains forecasts, operating plans, and tracking spreadsheets for future reference.
- Develops annual staffing projections based on trends.
- Identifies routine work methods/processes/flows to analyze; describes in general terms, process capability studies; describes the basic steps in analysis of data related to people, technology, or information with assistance from others.
- Designs information organization, accessibility, and security to create databases based on user needs, using available database management software; devises procedures and schedules to maintain and update databases; installs and updates databases.
- Demonstrates a broad, but general understanding of operations and structure and applies this knowledge to routine problems with limited input or oversight from others; recognizes how the structure impacts daily work; identifies structural barriers to achieving desired objectives.
- Identifies common problems with current work designs with some assistance; collaborates with others to specify requirements for new work designs; modifies or adjusts existing work methods, processes, and flows to resolve operations failures, as directed.
- Specifies facts, research, and perspectives necessary to make projections; analyzes statistics and qualitative information within specified parameters; researches trends and conditions used to make projections with guidance from others.
- Addresses and resolves issues impacting information systems reporting; looks for ways to minimize report generation and required storage; modifies existing report formats; creates and interprets customized reports; integrates data, information, and documents from multiple software programs; writes more complex report queries.
- Distinguishes between “big picture” comments and specialized, smaller facts associated with work and explains, in general, how these details impact end goals or outcomes; works with others to ensure that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail.
- Summarizes or integrates information for routine problems or issues with oversight from others; may make recommendations based on the information summarized; identifies inconsistencies in or limitations of information and documents findings.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
- Must be currently in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate yourself there.
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and possibly weekends.
- If required, must be willing to travel.
- Preferred to have Industrial Engineering experience.
- Preferred to have experience developing reports.
- Preferred to have experience using Microsoft office products or equivalent software.
- Preferred to have experience using advanced Access and Excel functionalities, (e.g., Pivot tables, V-look ups, database creation/maintenance, etc.).
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Preferred to have SAP / ERP experience/knowlege.
UPS - 16 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...