Title: IMS Test Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
Duration: 12+ Months
- 2-3 years experience in a system level integration and test role
- Good Programming skills
- C/C++, Perl, Tcl/Tk IMS domain knowledge (SIP, RTP, RTCP, SDP and related 3GPP IMS protocols), RCS.
- RCS-e knowledge is desirable.
- Good background in one or more of following areas: LTE, UMTS, HSPA or HSPA+, WLAN, 1xEVDO (Rel 0, A, B)
- In depth understanding of wire line and wireless data protocol stacks including RLP, PPP, IP, TCP, IPV6, MIPV6, etc.
- Understanding of software development and testing concepts for wireless handsets for various air interface standards
- As a member of Modem Test group, candidate will be responsible for verifying Modem software's protocols/features, characterizing system performance and Stability testing in IMS technology area including the following: VoIP, SMS over IMS, RCS, RCS-e, Presence, Ut Interface, over LTE, WLAN and other air interface technologies.
- Job responsibilities include system level feature testing, scoping out feature design documents and specs and coming up with best strategies and test plans.
- Executing test strategies and test plans, developing and automation of test scripts, field log analysis, troubleshooting/analyzing problems, optimizing system performance and improving the stability of the product.
- Candidate will conduct engineering tests and detailed in depth analysis of failures and experimental testing to improving the quality of QC's ASIC products.
- Candidate will be working with a multi-discipline team (Software Development, System Design, Customer Support, ASIC Design, etc.) to integrate , test and commercialize products.
- Successful candidate must have strong communication skills, must be an effective team player, and be able to work independently.
- Responsibilities include system level feature integration and test, developing/executing test strategies and test plans, troubleshooting/analyzing problems, optimizing system performance and executing inter-operability tests.
RJT Compuquest - 10 months ago