This is a temporary role.
- Required: Certification in Infection Control (CIC) as offered by CBIC is required within 2 years from the date of hire.
- Preferred: Pennsylvania Nurse Licensure as an RN, registered by American Society Clinical Pathologists as a Medical Technologist, registered Pharmacist, or having an advanced degree in a scientifically relevant field (e.g. MPH, MS in Clinical Microbiology, MSN, etc.)
- BSN, MT, or other similar bachelor’s degree in a health-care related field, from an accredited program.
- Self-directed, flexible, and energetic.
- Possess strong clinical assessment skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a healthcare professional is preferred.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- Child Abuse Clearances
- FBI Fingerprint Clearance
- Drug Screening
Responsible for infection surveillance with particular attention to detection and control of nosocomial infections. In collaboration with other health care professionals, guides, directs, and implements appropriate infection prevention and control strategies.
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 24 months ago
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start...