Under the direction of the MIS Director, the Server Administrator's role is to design, install, integrate, administer, and optimize agency servers and related data center resources. Applicants should have an extensive understanding of system security, disaster recovery, various virtualization and dynamic resource on demand concepts. Must be able to expertly administer and support application and storage systems resulting in a high performance public safety data center and provide an overall client/server computing environment that ensures scalability, securely shared resources, high availability and automated end user self-services.
Essential Job Functions:
Develop short and long range strategies for the implementation, integration, migration and decommissioning of client/server systems and overall data center infrastructure to include physical and virtual servers, network gear, security systems, telecommunication systems, UPS and backup generator power plants and environmental systems.
1. Administer installation, configuration, automation, maintenance, inspection and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
2. Assist in the strategic planning and selection of new technologies.
3. Provide periodic trend analysis reporting for IT resource consumption, network and physical/virtualized server performance.
4. Utilize the help desk system to track, document, prioritize and escalate system issues.
5. Plan, configure and administer server-side folder and file systems.
6. Plan, test, configure, administer and monitor enterprise backups, recovery procedures, replication systems and disaster recovery processes.
7. Communicate regularly with system vendors to forecast and implement server upgrades and maintenance/hot fixes.
8. Monitor all system event logs, system performances, set event traps, utilize established metrics and provide related statistics and reports.
9. Manage enterprise directory services and supporting server infrastructure to ensure that it mirrors the overall organization. Add and remove system objects, such as users and systems, in a timely manner as organizational changes occur.
10. Assist in the development and implementation of written and logical policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure overall system performance, security and proper use.
11. Recommend changes to the data center environment to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
12. Utilize educated perceptions of system events and performances to detect underlying system issues and conduct research when necessary to make system adjustments/repairs before they become problematic.
13. Conduct ongoing research on technological trends, approaching technologies, hardware and software reviews in support of future procurement and development efforts.
14. Assist in developing and maintaining standard operating procedures, job task analysis’, training materials and other system documentation for efficient usage.
15. Perform other duties, as assigned.
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: MCSE / MCSA preferred; advanced knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Exchange 2010, SQL Administration, ISS & SharePoint. Familiarity with various network topologies and protocols, basic understanding of firewalls, routers and switch gear; strong working knowledge of storage technologies such as DAS, SAN & NAS and replication thereof; expert knowledge of Active Directory/Global Catalogue, LDAP, DNS & DHCP; ability to strategically plan for and provide reporting on expected system lifecycles and exercise related lifecycle methodologies to ensure provisioning of reliable infrastructures and endpoints; skilled in organized project management; strong understanding of the organizational goals and objectives and possess the ability align technology resources to achieve such; good written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills; strong customer service skills; highly self-motivated and directed, with a keen attention to detail.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Maintain periodic rotational duty of 24x7 on-call availability, occasional after-hours and weekend work; sitting for extended periods of time; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components; lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers, printers, battery backups and other peripherals.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS: Requires sitting for long periods of time.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Inside; exposure to noise associated with computers operating; exposure to electrical wiring and apparatus.
KNOWLEDGE OF: Verbal and written communications; system analysis, project management, operating systems, personal computers, network systems; principles of systems documentation and programming; related government and business concepts.
To be considered for this position you MUST submit documentation (ie diplomas or transcripts reflecting graduation) of the education requirements listed below. Failure to do so will result in your application being rejected.
Graduation from high school or GED. One year of college level or technical courses in application systems, computer repair or A+ Certification. One year combined experience in the repair of computer equipment, installation of computers or networks or pc networking support.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Prefer University Bachelor’s degree in Information Technologies, Management Information Systems or related discipline but will consider extensive and specific experience as equivalent. Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, CompTIA Server+/Security+ or equivalent certification preferred; at least five years' experience in an equivalent data center as a Server System Administrator responsible for administering server, storage, basic network skills, telecommunication, experience with data center power systems, environmental and monitoring systems; experience with system performance tuning, advanced troubleshooting and reporting; business process, system reengineering experience, understanding of the relationship between processes and policies; experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
ADDITIONAL: Must successfully pass CVSA, drug screening, physical exam, and background investigation. Must be willing to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays when required.
Effective immediately, all applicants for position with the Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office must agree to start and maintain “Direct Deposit” for pay while employed with the agency.
Effective June 1, 2009, all applicants applying for positions with the Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office must be “Tobacco Free” for six (6) months prior to the application process and remain tobacco free while employed with the Sheriff’s Office. Any tobacco use while employed will result in termination of employment.
Applicants must have at least the minimum educational documentation and/or certifications (requested within the job description) on file with Human Resources to be eligible for consideration. Documentation may be uploaded at the time of application, scanned and emailed, faxed, or hand-delivered.
Without proper documentation, your application will not be considered. If you have previously applied, you may log into your saved account to view your documents currently on file. Other than this announcement, no further notification will be sent.
NOTE: The information given on your application will be evaluated against the minimum qualifications of the job description. After all applications are evaluated, your name will be placed on the employment list and sent to appropriate hiring authority for consideration.
The online application and complete job descriptions can be viewed at www.santarosa.fl.gov . Complete job descriptions may also be obtained at the Human Resources office located at 6495 Caroline Street, Suite H Milton, FL 32570.
A Drug Free Workplace/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER /Veteran’s Preference will be given in accordance with Florida Statutes
Santa Rosa County, FL - 8 months ago