Assist in coordination of ongoing activities associated with the Student Affairs and Campus Life Information System to include developing and maintaining general and specialized reports and programs utilized for projections, correspondence, and other statistical functions. Provide assistance in developing and implementing policies, procedures, and standards to ensure security and confidentiality of all records. Serve as primary resource and provide technical assistance to system users. Serve as liaison with the Information Technology Services staff in communicating system problems/and or resolutions.
1. Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the Student Information System database. Provide assistance in developing and maintaining documentation of systems policies, procedures, and standards.
2. Utilize various SQL report writing tools to extract data from central databases for research and reporting activities; generate data files using defined parameters for mailings and other correspondence. Assist in the design, testing, implementation, and administration of all computerized systems and on-going projects within the division.
3. Maintain and revise current reports to ensure accuracy.
4. Assist in recommending and implementing procedures to enhance workflow; train staff as needed to ensure optimal systems utilization.
5. Consult with and assist departments with web site development issues.
6. Attend and/or participate in meetings, Student Affairs and Campus Life programs, and other campus events as requested.
Position/Job Responsibilities continued
Bachelor of Information Technology degree and a minimum of 3 years directly related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience; demonstrated knowledge and understanding of relational databases, strong working knowledge of Oracle reporting tools and other data retrieval products; strong organizational, analytical, written and verbal communications skills; knowledge of PC operating platform required. Previous experience working with an on-line student information system and an understanding of Student Affairs practices are preferred.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested individuals should apply online at https://apply.icjobs.org and attach a cover letter addressed to Michael Leary, Chair, Information Systems Specialist Search Committee. A resume, and a list containing the contact information for three professional references should also be included. Questions about the application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607)274-8000. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Ithaca College - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard