Participate in the ongoing activities associated with the information systems utilized within Institutional Advancement to include designing, developing and maintaining retrieval reports and programs to produce general and specialized reports, correspondence and statistical data. Assist in developing and implementing policies, procedures, and standards to ensure security and confidentiality of all records. Serve as a resource to system users and provide technical assistance, training, troubleshooting, and documentation. Serve as a liaison with the Information Technology Services in explaining, resolving and communicating systems problems/and or solutions.
1. Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the various databases and information systems used in all areas of Institutional Advancement. Assist in application development and database configurations to meet the needs of the department and work with vendors and the Office of Information Technology Services in the implementation of system modifications, updates and improvements. Assist in the recommendation, development, documentation, and implementation of system and departmental policies, procedures, and standards.
2. Utilize various report writing tools to extract data from Institutional Advancement databases such as Advance and SmartCall for research and reporting activities; design and develop programs for systematic retrieval of data; produce routine (weekly, monthly, and annual) and specialized reports and generate data files. Analyze report usage and make recommendations for consolidation or elimination of scheduled reports.
3. Organize and schedule data entry/verification projects to ensure quality of externally sourced data. Prepare large data files for modification of, or import into, database. Use data loader software to implement scripts to make changes. Perform ad hoc analysis as required to ensure integrity of all source data.
4. Work with Institutional Advancement and other campus departments to understand, define, and document their information needs. Analyze needs, propose best practices, develop programs to generate information, and analyze and format data to meet reporting requirements. Meet deadlines requested by the user and/or approved by the Director of Advancement Services or Information Systems Manager.
5. Provide technical assistance, training and analytical support for all aspects of Institutional Advancement operations and services. Identify and implement ways to optimize users’ information self-sufficiency and optimal systems utilization.
6. Assist in the design, testing, and implementation of computerized systems and functions used in within the office. Identify and document opportunities to improve locally-developed and vendor products. Assist in recommending and implementing procedures to enhance systems workflow.
7. Define and coordinate mailings and email blasts and provide necessary systems support. Generate data files using defined parameters for mailings and other correspondence.
8. Assist with the Web design and development and post year-end and monthly reports.
9. Provide assistance to the Director of Advancement Services or Information Systems Manager with special projects and reports as directed.
10. Provide assistance or back-up to the Information Systems Manager in maintaining, developing, and monitoring the information systems internal controls as directed.
11. Assist in updating and maintaining the Institutional Advancement systems processing schedule and yearly operations calendar to be distributed to system users. Develop and maintain documentation for recording report procedures and programs.
Position/Job Responsibilities continued
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of relational databases, strong working knowledge of reporting tools, SQL and other data retrieval tools, strong organizational, analytical, written and verbal communication skills, ability to conduct research and analyze data; ability to work independently with minimal supervision, prioritize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines are required. An understanding of Ellucian Banner or Advance, familiarity with SmartCall or other automated phoning system, and experience working in the field of advancement and/or higher education are preferred.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested individuals must apply online at https://apply.icjobs.org/, and attach a letter of interest, a resume, and a list containing the contact information for three professional references. Questions about the online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274 8000.
Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Ithaca College - 6 months ago