**FIRST REVIEW OF RESUMES WILL BE ON JANUARY 11, 2013. ADDITIONAL RESUMES WILL BE REVIEWED AS NEEDED**
LOCATION: 1700 W. Washington, Ste 105, Phoenix, AZ
The mission of the Registrar of Contractors is to promote quality construction by Arizona contractors though a licensing and regulatory system designed to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the public. The Registrar of Contractors is currently seeking an INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST 3 to
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Proactively solve complex problems
- Conduct daily traffic analysis
- Identify and characterizes incidents, generates incident reports, and investigates suspicious network activity
- Install, monitor, and direct proactive and reactive computer network defense measures to ensure the availability, integrity, confidentiality and reliability of systems
- Categorizes, isolates, and resolves network problems
- Process documents and coordinate resolution of trouble calls with help desk
- Implement software patches, security fixes, and tests
- Validate modified system configurations
- Ensures compliance with standards for systems software and documentation.
- Monitor system reliability and availability
- Oversee installation of all communications equipment, servers, printers, optical storage devices, scanners and microcomputers.
- Maintain and troubleshoot networks (LAN/WAN) and desktop hardware and software
- Evaluate, install, modify, maintain and upgrade system software (e.g., network operating system, computer operating systems, database management and/or telecommunication/network control)
- Maintain security of agency information resources and telecommunications system
- Maintain and support agency internet website
Extensive knowledge of computer network designs, LAN/WAN, internet, operating systems, hardware and software installation and maintenance. Knowledge of IT theory; computer, communications protocol and peripheral equipment capabilities; limits and uses. Must have a broad knowledge of and experience in different kinds of software, hardware and equipment, workstation, administration, agency computer systems and programs. Two year degree in computer science or two years satisfactory network administration experience.
Candidates for this position will be required to submit to a criminal history investigation.
The State of Arizona provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package, including a top-ranked retirement plan, low-cost health and dental coverage, supplemental policies such as vision and short-term disability, and generous leave programs. Our work environment offers multiple training opportunities and encourages career development. To submit your resume for consideration, please click the "APPLY" button below.
- All newly hired employees will be subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
AGENCY JOB BOARD ID: NSA
State of Arizona - 18 months ago