Jacobs/TYBRIN is a premier provider of process-based systems and software engineering products and services. We focus on innovative solutions for our customers at the Department of Defense (DOD) and other Government organizations.
Jacobs/TYBRIN has an immediate need for an Information Assurance Security Specialist at Fort Lee, VA. This individual evaluates Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) and determines proper course of action to take to establish and validate compliance for Sec-Lee systems.
Complexity of tasks/responsibilities:
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must have a thorough understanding of Army STAMIS and associated systems and the DIACAP process.
- Work consists of a variety of duties that involve many different and unrelated processes and methods pertinent to this field.
- Uses knowledge of STAMIS to understand the interactions the various IAVAs may have with the STAMIS
- Supports testing as necessary to ensure functionality following the installation of the patch and will provide feedback to the ACERT for issues that may exist within the patches
- Recommends solutions to overcome problems to get the patches installed
- Be familiar with DISA STIGS as they apply to the SEC-Lee STAMIS.
- Ability to analyze results from Retina, Nessus or SCAP scans in order to make recommedations to Systems Manager (SM).
- Work closely with Senior Information Assurance Security Specialist to complete Information Assurance related tasks for SEC-Lee STAMIS
- Determine enterprise information assurance and security standards
- Develop and implement information assurance/security standards and procedures
- Coordinate, develop, and evaluate security programs for an organization
- Recommend information assurance/security solutions to support customers’ requirements
- Identify, report, and resolve security violations
- Establish and satisfy information assurance and security requirements based on the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands
- Support customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies
- Apply know-how to Government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures
- Perform analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures
- Analyze and define security requirements for computer systems, which may include enterprise systems, workstations, and personal computers
- Design, develop, engineer, and implement solutions that meet security requirements
- Provide integration and implementation of the computer system security solution
- Analyze general information assurance-related technical problems and provide basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems
- Perform vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle
- Ensure that all information systems are functional and secure
Training & Certifications:
- Must be self-starter with the ability to work well with others
- Must have demonstrated ability to work independently, on tight schedules, and still provide high quality work
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint required/or five year’s experience.
- Individuals must exhibit good communication, briefing and organizational skills.
- High School diploma required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5 years specific work experience required, 10 years general work experience required.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- IAT Level III (Security +) required
- CISSP desired
- Security Compliance Monitoring Software Training, i.e., Retina: preferred
Sedentary - involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Exerts up 10 lbs. of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Equipment and Machines:
Personal computer (75%), scanner (5%), copy machine (5%), telephone (5%), laser printer (5%), fax machine (2%), and other office equipment including desk supplies.
With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & approved time off, attendance is considered essential. Must be able to work within the shift hours of 6am and 6pm.
Other Essential Functions:
1) Must be able to work under supervision and respond appropriately and professionally to criticism from a supervisor.
2) Must perform work activities requiring interaction, negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others.
3) Must be able to elicit proposed technical solutions from team members
4) Must be able to secure and maintain a security clearance
5) Travel requirements - limited travel
Jacobs Technology - 13 months ago