The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for maintaining, growing and servicing existing and new accounts, proactively identifying sales opportunities for Outside Sales Representatives, creating opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell existing accounts, reactivating inactive accounts and identifying new account opportunities. Additionally, the Inside Sales Rep will partner closely with Outside Sales to establish strong, long-term relationships with customers, ensure high quality customer service to all external customers, execute on-time delivery according to customer expectations, inform customers of delivery set-backs and changes in order status while managing the order entry process, troubleshoot problems and rectify complaints and claims. Other responsibilities include developing individual quotes and contract pricing, expediting orders with short lead times or unusual requirements, ensuring correct inventory is in stock to support general sales, proactively identifying customer needs and advising customers of potential issues, and partnering with Outside Sales to develop marketing plans and strategies. The Inside Sales Rep will also set challenging sales targets and track progress against these targets, achieving all sales goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or 3 plus years experience in a steel service center or related industry
- Strong customer service and sales aptitude, demonstrated ability to work in a team environment while managing individual goals and objectives partnered with the ability to work effectively in a diverse community required
- Prior steel industry and sheet metal fabrication experience and product knowledge preferred
- High energy and drive
- Strong business and data analysis skills
- Excellent prioritization, organizational and time management skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Blue print reading capability and proficiency in Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and experience with AutoCAD a plus
Olympic Steel - 2 years ago
Olympic Steel has bypassed gold, silver, and bronze in favor of carbon, coated, and stainless steel. A steel service center, Olympic Steel...