Management and administration of assigned insurance programs written via MGA’s as well as non-traditional treaty and facultative reinsurance business, including production, underwriting, monitoring and servicing the business in order to achieve profitability goals.
- Manage under general direction assignedaccounts and production efforts which are moderately complex in nature.
- Handle individual risk referrals and facultative submissions within underwriting authority, as appropriate.
- Maintain professional relationships with existing or prospective clients, including MGAs, brokers, fronting carriers, captive managers, etc.
- Underwrite and monitor reinsurance and insurance business while achieving profitability targets.
- Establish/maintain production/underwriting strategies for assigned programs, under general direction.
- Establish monitoring program/schedule to administer existing business which include results monitoring, audits, referrals and program expansion.
- Implement the SBU Underwriting Process
- a. Maintain compliance with CU and Divisional underwriting guidelines.
- b. Maintain an working knowledge of all tools and models used in the underwriting process.
- c. Possess a clear understanding of our underwriting guidelines and pricing guidelines to ensure appropriate risk-reward decision-making.
- Development of new or potential business clients, including performing initial vetting of opportunities.
- As directed, serve on “ad hoc” committees to provide input and assistance to management. i.e. GLoBBs
- Review and provide input for policy/contract language, underwriting guidelines and rating plans.
- 5+ years of underwriting experience in insurance/reinsurance
- Bachelor degree, major/minor in accounting or finance preferred.
- Effective negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Effective project management skills related to evaluation of new insurance programs and their in-force management
- Effectively communicate and manage interactions with claims, financial, actuarial, operations and legal disciplines who participate as team members on program business
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Team player
- Willingness to travel (@ 25%) TBD by Division