Insurance Verification Coordinator
Lansing/Genesis Surgery Centers are located in the Capitol City of Michigan. We partner with the very best team members and medical staff in the area. We are a group of two surgical focused facilities that perform over 19,000 procedures per year combined.
Some Facts about Lansing/Genesis Surgery Centers:
Opened in 1996
4 Operating Rooms at each location
Specialties include: Orthopedics, Spine, General Surgery, Pain Management, Urology, GI/Endoscopy, Plastic and Podiatry.
Managed by United Surgical Partners International
Joint Commission Accredited
Under the direction of the Business Office Manager, overall operations of all aspects of the Insurance Verification department including ensuring high levels of customer service, obtaining pre certifications for surgeries, verifying insurance benefits and preparing financial estimates for patients.
Successful candidate will possess outstanding leadership, communication and customer service skills as well as the ability to diffuse difficult situations involving our patients and our staff with compassion, respect and sensitivity. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate previous successful/positive customer service encounters or programs.
The Insurance Verification Coordinator verifies patient benefits daily. The successful candidate must be available to work a schedule between the hours of 8 am and 4:30 pm.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Coordinate and ensure adherence to facility financial and admitting policies
· Implement new programs and procedures to improve customer service, operations and efficiency.
· Promote positive relationships with patients, physicians and nursing staff members throughout the verification process.
· Confirm that all insurance benefit coverage meets standards of admission as dictated by facility policy.
· Ensure collection goals are met and prepare daily and monthly reports.
· Conduct team meetings for the purpose of monitoring employee concerns, needs and suggestions and then addresses each in a proactive and positive manner.
· Establish and maintain cooperative work relationships with the Business Office Manager, CEO, department co workers, physicians and other members of the Lansing/Genesis team while also involving others in decision making to come to an agreed solution.
Our competitive salary and benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, 401(k), paid time off and life insurance.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Minimum 2 years of medical facility or medical office experience preferred.
· Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way.
· Ability to use time wisely in preparing work area to meet high-paced demand, proactively.
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· ICD-9 Coding and medical terminology preferred.
· CPR required.
· Must demonstrate excellent phone etiquette and exceptional customer service skills.
United Surgical Partners International - 20 months ago